xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Paht Lite-on  (Read 67 times)

3AT_M3

• Archived User
Flashing Paht Lite-on
« on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »

I have the drive key from a previous modder whom I paid. He sent the Drive Key written on a piece of paper, do I just enter it in JF as it appears or do I need to save it as a .txt file first? The drive has already been updated to the new 13146 dashboard, so I'm going to flash back to OFW then to 1.9. Does this mean I need to have a probe as well? Or no matter since I already have the drive key? Thanks!

Ranger72

• Archived User
Flashing Paht Lite-on
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »

First off you do not need to flash back to original firmware as it already has an original firmware on it.

You can manually inject your drive key into the proper LT+ 1.9 firmware for your drive but make sure you right click the source area and select verify key with the drive connected FIRST before you flash anything to the drive so you can make sure the key you have is in fact the proper key for your drive.

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
Flashing Paht Lite-on
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »

He wrote the key on a paper?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Sorry but that's not professional at all. The original firmware is under a MB, he could have emailed it to you. Either way, do what Ranger says or you might end up with an expensive brick.