xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo 2 Rant And Rave, But Not About The Game  (Read 555 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Halo 2 Rant And Rave, But Not About The Game
« on: November 09, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

basically this is a rant aimed at all the whiners out there

for anyone that thought the game ended to soon (without thinking about halo 3, which everyone knew would be coming since the end of halo 1) or the game sucks without the piece of shit pistol, or the game levels were gay or yadda yadda

then your either

a) to much hooked on the fantasy version you imagined for 2 years

or your not the die hard halo fan many of us are, the ones that appreciate the game for the simple, yet complicated (storyline) fun that it is

if you read the 1st and 3rd books, you should be on the same boat as us

my advice, just enjoy halo, dont worry about what was left out (stuff always has to be left out of anygame), dont worry about thje pistol, and just go play and enjoy

even playing the flood is actually fun to me now, when i used to hate the last 4 levels of the original halo because of the flood

so honestly, just shut up, and go play and relax, and have some original style, hardcore halo fun  <

bhang419

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

Bungie said there was to be no Halo 3  <

.fortune

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (bhang419 @ Nov 10 2004, 04:59 AM)
Bungie said there was to be no Halo 3

That was a stupid statement on your part.  If you have finished Halo 2, notice how abruptly it ends.  Unless you're saying that Halo 2 is the last Halo on Xbox 1...maybe you just misread it  huh.gif

makaveli91

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

I bet they're just saying that to get people off their backs with the bitching and complaining about what should have been, or how it should be or this or that... or maybe they won't call it halo3...    <

Crypty

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

I dunno. Im thinking theres no way in hell there wont be a halo 3 so maybe they meant the name wont be halo 3.

But even then I would think the halo name would be a major selling point.  <

ninjax

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »

Anyone who says that Halo3 will never come out is an idiot, plain and simple.  I dont care what "Bungie" says anymore, because the ball is not in there court anymore.  Micro$oft owns Halo, and if this Halo2 push gives them there first profit since the begining of xbox you can bet your ass there will be a Halo3...what the hell do you think will sell more "Halo3" or From the makers of Halo 1 and 2"  You figure it out.

This post has been edited by ninjax: Nov 10 2004, 07:38 AM <

KiemRaekerm

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 11:44:00 PM »

Take a look at the December issue of Game Informer if you happen to have it.  If not they state
If you've finished Halo 2 by now (of course you have), then you know that anyone who thought that Bungie wouldn't do a Halo 3 is dead wrong.  The developer is already hard at work on the series' third iteration on Xbox 2.  The studio has unceremoniously dumped all of the dev units for the original 'box.  When we say "unceremoniously," we mean piled bonfire-like, waiting for the garbage truck.
 So there it is.  <

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »

i thought bungie said they wont do another first person style halo, im thinking the next one will be more like bungies older games(has anyone played another bungie game besides halo?).  <

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

I want to throw my 2-cents in here too.  Not about the ending or the stupid debate about Halo 3 or no Halo 3.  Of course there will be a halo 3!!!  M$ made $100 million the FIRST DAY.  

I'm tire of the bitchers who are complaining about the multiplayer.  I've heard:
It's too slow.
The vehicles are too slow.
The vehicle noises are cheesy.
Halo had better weapons.
The jumps too high.
The jumps too slow.
There's no pistol.
It's for noobs.
The maps are too big.
The games don't last long enough.
The grenades are different.
The maps are confusing.

Guess what idiots...ITS HALO 2!!!  If you wanted Halo 2 to be just like Halo, then go play F-ing Halo.  The only reason you bitch is becaue you're an elite with the pistol in Halo, and now there is no dominant weapon.  I think that's great.  Now my noob friends can compete better with us who have played for a while.  The basics of the original are still there with the customizability of the multiplayer.  This game is better.  You just don't pwn any more.  Get over it. :grr:

This post has been edited by C o s m o: Nov 10 2004, 09:53 PM <

Dunny

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

why are you so bothered, surely everyone is entitled to their own opinon.

I personally preffered Halo despite not reading into the hype over Halo 2 or thinking the original was all that great.  <

IheartHuckabees

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (C o s m o @ Nov 10 2004, 09:43 PM)
I want to throw my 2-cents in here too.  Not about the ending or the stupid debate about Halo 3 or no Halo 3.  Of course there will be a halo 3!!!  M$ made $100 million the FIRST DAY.  

I'm tire of the bitchers who are complaining about the multiplayer.  I've heard:

Guess what idiots...ITS HALO 2!!!  If you wanted Halo 2 to be just like Halo, then go play F-ing Halo.  The only reason you bitch is becaue you're an elite with the pistol in Halo, and now there is no dominant weapon.  I think that's great.  Now my noob friends can compete better with us who have played for a while.  The basics of the original are still there with the customizability of the multiplayer.  This game is better.  You just don't pwn any more.  Get over it. grr.gif

thank you, someone who understands the troubles of some of us

Exige_

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (ninjax @ Nov 10 2004, 01:29 AM)
Anyone who says that Halo3 will never come out is an idiot, plain and simple.  I dont care what "Bungie" says anymore, because the ball is not in there court anymore.  Micro$oft owns Halo, and if this Halo2 push gives them there first profit since the begining of xbox you can bet your ass there will be a Halo3...what the hell do you think will sell more "Halo3" or From the makers of Halo 1 and 2"  You figure it out.

no corporation can change a developer's decision. Bungie has made A LOT of money for both of them, so they wouldnt fire them if tehy refused. Bungie is a heartfelt developing company. They care about the game, not the money. They would quit if MS pushed them, and jsut go back to Mac.

Oh and about Halo 1 adn 2 and whiners: I am a reasonably elite player in Halo 1. I'm not the best, but I am very good. However, I really enjoy Halo 2, and my friend is one of the whiny bitches. He was just about as good as me. Now he still thinks H1 is better. I personally think you noobs hate halo 2 because it requres a bit more strategy in multiplayer. Quit whining. I beleive the game is amazing. The GUI is astounding, the models are amazing, online gameplay is extremely smooth, and everything about it is great. I persoally believe halo 2 is ebtter than Halo 1. If you want to so call "own" in H1 do whatever the fuck you want. I'm sorry you couldn't be etlitish on h2 on your first day. Fucking idiots. You need to get in touch with reality.

This post has been edited by Exige_: Nov 11 2004, 02:59 AM <

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

I love halo 2 multi, I have played it for about 30 hours since it came out.
However Single is a different story. If the Arbiter shot at humans it would own, but I dont wanna shoot covie with covie  <

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (Exige_ @ Nov 11 2004, 02:46 AM)
no corporation can change a developer's decision. Bungie has made A LOT of money for both of them, so they wouldnt fire them if tehy refused. Bungie is a heartfelt developing company. They care about the game, not the money. They would quit if MS pushed them, and jsut go back to Mac.

Oh and about Halo 1 adn 2 and whiners: I am a reasonably elite player in Halo 1. I'm not the best, but I am very good. However, I really enjoy Halo 2, and my friend is one of the whiny bitches. He was just about as good as me. Now he still thinks H1 is better. I personally think you noobs hate halo 2 because it requres a bit more strategy in multiplayer. Quit whining. I beleive the game is amazing. The GUI is astounding, the models are amazing, online gameplay is extremely smooth, and everything about it is great. I persoally believe halo 2 is ebtter than Halo 1. If you want to so call "own" in H1 do whatever the fuck you want. I'm sorry you couldn't be etlitish on h2 on your first day. Fucking idiots. You need to get in touch with reality.

oh thats a bunch of gargbage... bungie cares bout the game not the money? then why was halo shown on a mac like 2 years before it came out on the xbox, almost ready to come out when ms steps in buys them and suddenly no game for ages and no mac version for longer, and its half the game the planned it to be when it was a mac game? bungie sold out they will make as many halo games as bill demands  <

sk1tz0

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »

tongue.gif