xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Halo2 More Of A Noob Game  (Read 1257 times)

Sentient

• Archived User
Halo2 More Of A Noob Game
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2004, 05:28:00 PM »

dude, did you even read my post?

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

Sentiet - that threw me too.  I was wondering if I missed something.

Bottom line is that there are nuances to every game and mastering a game requires learning them.  In Halo 1 the pistol was not a nuance - it was unbalanced.  You can tell because not anyone here is saying, "You know.  I didn't use the pistol all that much.  I prefered the shotgun as it lent itself better to my style of gameplay and only rarely used the pistol."  

No one developed their own style in H1.  They quickly realized that the pistol was a solid sniper, close combat, and power weapon (ultimate jack of all trades excellent at nothing but damn good at everything) and then developed a style of gameplay around it.  If a game is balanced people will have preferences for certain weapons and styles of play but a master player will be able to adapt his style to any weapon and play with supperiority.  Of course, that requires learning multiple nuances not just a single unbalancing super nuance.

The games are similar enough that your basic skill set should carry over fairly well with just a little bit of practice and some time with the boards.  If they don't, then perhaps the skill set being used was based solely around a certain weapon or knowing certain boards and that in my book is familiarity more than skills.

darkslider802

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

i agree i think people in halo one that owned with the pistol need to stop complaining play halo 2 more get skill and get good at halo 2 ,also on another note ,ummm has anyone seen how many bullets it takes to kill somebody with the MAGNUM  or ASSULT SCOPE RIFLE,i was shooting with dual smgs and my friend didnt die and i emptied both clips in him ,plus its only been like 3 days and people are whiniing because they arent that good ,the game just came out ,you not gonna get good at halo2 ,a whole new game with new weapons you have to learn  in 3 days its gonna take  a week or 2 atleast to get used to the weapons and learn there weaknest and strengths  ,so go play some halo 2 and get some skill ,halo 2 isnt the noob game i think halo is. i give you a example.

my friend played halo 2 atleast 2 days before his friends got it,he siad that people that beat in him in halo he was now beating them in halo2,he was beating them in halo 2 ,why you ask, because he 1 had time to learn the weapons a little and find out you couldnt just kill somebody with 1 weapon now ,and 2 hes friends didnt because they had jst got the game and played him,

people you cant just own with the pistol now ,you got to use diffent tacktics to get ya kills sorry.

chunkylover

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

Halo 2 was very disappointing to me, when you make people wait months for a game to be realeased it better be great. Instead halo 2 was not as good as the original, it took me a few hours to complete the whole game. The difficulty for halo 2 has decreased and the story has become worse.

amfdfireinside1

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

i mean seriously... how can a pistol have a zoom anyways?? or what are the chances of you being killed with a SMG vs a pistol.. id guess an SMG would kill me a lot faster.. but im glad they toned the pistol down a bit.. to me it didnt make much sense that it was soo powerful. and yeh i think you just gotta get used to the new variety of weapons there are.. and figure out strategies.. yeh many weapons are automatic, but some are heatseeking or whatever(ie the needler). and now you got that sword. i was totally owened the last time i played by this kid with a sword and i kept shooting everything, until i got the needlers. and it was a whole new game.. see you just gotta find what works.

darkslider802

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2004, 05:02:00 AM »

i mean seriously... how can a pistol have a zoom anyways?? or what are the chances of you being killed with a SMG vs a pistol.. id guess an SMG would kill me a lot faster.. but im glad they toned the pistol down a bit.. to me it didnt make much sense that it was soo powerful. and yeh i think you just gotta get used to the new variety of weapons there are.. and figure out strategies.. yeh many weapons are automatic, but some are heatseeking or whatever(ie the needler). and now you got that sword. i was totally owened the last time i played by this kid with a sword and i kept shooting everything, until i got the needlers. and it was a whole new game.. see you just gotta find what works.

you got to remeber its a game so thats why a pistol would kill faster considering it has bigger bullets and the smg is just like the machine gun ,but in real life i think a smg would kill faster than a pistol ,i havent reallyplayed witht he sword i guess it gona turn out ot be like the pistol now were you can you slice people teh whole time

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2004, 05:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (XboxDude87 @ Nov 8 2004, 11:48 PM)
I think that halo2 is more of a noob game than halo1. It seems like ANYONE can be good because of the shitty weapons. Like, with halo1 there was good and bad and very good, why? because of the pistol. By taking out the powerful weapon, there leaves little room to get good. The pistol wasn't "unfair", but it took skill to use. None of the new weapons in halo2 take that same skill. The advantage of the pistol in halo1 was there for everyone. If you sucked with it, then you sucked with it, and probably sucked at the game. I think there is a need for unbalanced guns.

its called balance.. and keeping games fair.. the pistol was overpowered and unbalanced.. anyone with 10 minutes practice could rape with the pistol..

lord_jeebuz

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2004, 06:47:00 AM »

I was always fond of the plasma rifle and needler. now i can rape and pillage my enemies twice as fast. the pistol which has been revoked in halo2 is sad, 3 shot kill days are over but then again i can remember days of 3 words AWP, D-EAGLE and my favorite WALL HACKER. in halo 1, you only use a pistol if you dont have anything else, my sniper rifle rocks. as for people saying the only g0d gun is the pistol, and oh no he has a pistol what ever shall i do, gain something called SKILL IN DODGING. 3 shots into you from a pistol takes a long time when someone is ducking jumping and moving infront of you. its easier to throw a DWARF TOSSER in the right spot. oh hang on H2 ( which apart from the ending i loved ) has my favorite weapons in it, all of them. and more.
Pages: 1 2 [3]