xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Halo2 More Of A Noob Game  (Read 1256 times)

bigjonny

• Archived User
Halo2 More Of A Noob Game
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

well thats wat i wasnt sure about...thanks for the clarification

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 08:08:00 PM »

smile.gif

duo135

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 05:43:00 AM »

Ok, now alot of ppl here able complaining about the loss of the pistol and saying how skilled they were at halo 1 etc etc, well if u were truely skilled at halo 1 then you should be able to kill someone with say the needler, all halo 2 makes u do is actually come up with a few strategies and tactics to take someone down, it isn't a noob game it is just more noob friendly in the beginning you can still get skilled at it. you just need to take the time and practise and maybe think about what you are doing. being able to kill someone with 3 shots with the pistol in halo 1 isn't being good at the game, its just being good with the pistol.

XboxDude87

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbc-Rizzo @ Nov 9 2004, 09:09 AM)
I am amazing at Halo 1 and I hate Halo 2. Anyone that bitches about the pistol in Halo 1 means that they got owned really bad in it. Halo 2 is just like Unreal Championship with all that fast and stupid guns.  All you have  to do in Halo 2 is dual weapon or get the noob-sword and youre good at it. Compared to Halo 1 when you had to time with the pistol and precision of the 3 shot kill and grenade placing, also the strategies of knowing where the other team is going to be.

Halo 2 sucks plain and simple and will never be better than Halo 1..

p.s. and if you doubt my skills in Halo 1 play me on XBC and you can host...

XBC Tag = [[[-Rizzo-]]]

Exactly my point. Thanks for backing me up.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbc-Rizzo @ Nov 9 2004, 03:09 AM)
I am amazing at Halo 1 and I hate Halo 2. Anyone that bitches about the pistol in Halo 1 means that they got owned really bad in it. Halo 2 is just like Unreal Championship with all that fast and stupid guns.  All you have  to do in Halo 2 is dual weapon or get the noob-sword and youre good at it. Compared to Halo 1 when you had to time with the pistol and precision of the 3 shot kill and grenade placing, also the strategies of knowing where the other team is going to be.

Halo 2 sucks plain and simple and will never be better than Halo 1..

p.s. and if you doubt my skills in Halo 1 play me on XBC and you can host...

XBC Tag = [[[-Rizzo-]]]

your shitting me right?

you take the essence of n00b and add a whole kind of new to it

n00b sword, thats a good one, just like everyone called the fuel rod gun the n00b tube because they were getting killed before they could use there precious "pistol"

no offense, and i dont like resorting to this, but your an ignorant little bitch

ive played xbc for 2 years, and at one point i played at competitions, but mainly just for the fun of it, and even when i was "pwning" with the pistol, i hated it

thats all halo 1 was, a pistol and some grenades, so basically, no skill at all, none
you didnt even need to get good at head shots to own with the pistol, as long as you were near there upper body, and had a few meters of distance, it would be over

but now, now you go and whine because it actually involves skill?
now your forced to learn how to use a "bullet hose" or a "n00b sword"???

jesus, grow some balls, quit whining and learn to play

so what if someone has the sword, by the way you talk yourself up, it seems youd be able to take a sword tooting n00b down, but yet your bitching about it

seriously, look at what skill really is, and then come back here and try to talk

(just for your info, the reason why you say Unreal sucks is because you suck at FPS, the whole game revolves around FAST paced killing, meaning you need to make due with what you have no matter what, and that right there involves skill, not just using the same weapon over and over)

now, go grow some balls little n00b boy, and then come back

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (duo135 @ Nov 9 2004, 08:46 AM)
Ok, now alot of ppl here able complaining about the loss of the pistol and saying how skilled they were at halo 1 etc etc, well if u were truely skilled at halo 1 then you should be able to kill someone with say the needler, all halo 2 makes u do is actually come up with a few strategies and tactics to take someone down, it isn't a noob game it is just more noob friendly in the beginning you can still get skilled at it. you just need to take the time and practise and maybe think about what you are doing. being able to kill someone with 3 shots with the pistol in halo 1 isn't being good at the game, its just being good with the pistol.

thanks, you already proved my point

on another note, cant wait for halo 3

.fortune

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

sad.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2004, 07:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (.fortune @ Nov 9 2004, 10:43 PM)
I go both ways on this one.  It seems as though they tried to balance it out, but made some stuff more nub friendly.  IE the homing rockets that you have about a 10percent chance of dodging, or, as stated many times before, the energy sword thing.  I do still miss the pistol, but the battle rifle takes it's place.  It just doesn't seem like it takes AS MUCH skill as Halo 1 IMO...Please don't flame, just saying what I think.

On a side note, I finished the campaign in about 8 hours on Heroic; it seems like Halo 2's campaign blows compared to Halo 1.  There are maybe 4/10 levels that I actually like to play on campaign in Halo 2, and the ending was total BS.  Then again, I like how Bungie implemented a boss at the end of every few levels, and how the AI was much better.  I just can't see what Bungie was working on for 3 years
sad.gif

because your missing the big picture

bungie has always had a reputation for cliff hangers, and there holding off the rest of the story for halo 3 (which will most likely be on xbox 2)

i actually liked every level of halo 2, compared to the 5 levels i only liked of halo 1

basically, as i state in my other thread, if you think the game sucks or didnt live up to its made up image (the image everyone out there made up in there heads)
your not the true blue, bungie/halo die hard fan, because if you were, youd like the game for how fun it was just to kill in those short periods, or to drive around in those short periods

look at halo 1

you can beat it in about 3-4 hours, theres only 3 levels of driving (Betrayal doesnt count as theres no marines to accompanying you) and less enemies and guns

honestly, its alot better of a game then you all think it is, you just dont want to admit it

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

The mongoose is the 4 wheeler/atv which I believe it's 2 seater.  1 drives while the other rides on back.  They sit back to back.  The creaper is a covenant bus of some type.  They are in the multiplayer shared map file.  So, if they are going to be unlocked via xbox live content or hackers is in the air right now.  It may be like the gravity gun and flame thrower in the first Halo.  They might just be there, but not functioning properly.  Time will tell.

I think I'll start a poll to see what the general consensus is on which game is better.

.fortune

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ Nov 10 2004, 04:48 AM)
because your missing the big picture

bungie has always had a reputation for cliff hangers, and there holding off the rest of the story for halo 3 (which will most likely be on xbox 2)

i actually liked every level of halo 2, compared to the 5 levels i only liked of halo 1

basically, as i state in my other thread, if you think the game sucks or didnt live up to its made up image (the image everyone out there made up in there heads)
your not the true blue, bungie/halo die hard fan, because if you were, youd like the game for how fun it was just to kill in those short periods, or to drive around in those short periods

look at halo 1

you can beat it in about 3-4 hours, theres only 3 levels of driving (Betrayal doesnt count as theres no marines to accompanying you) and less enemies and guns

honestly, its alot better of a game then you all think it is, you just dont want to admit it

Sorry, I haven't played any bungie games other than Halo.  I hope that you're right though, about Halo 3 having a awesome ending, story line, or w/e.  I'm just disappointed with Bungie right now; it's like hearing about how great a movie is, then going and seeing it, and finding how over-hyped it was.  And no, I don't not want to admit that Halo 2's campaign is better than Halo 1's; i honestly think there were more levels with replay value, like AotCR, Halo, The Maw, Two Betrayals, etc, as opposed to (sorry I can't remember the names) The second level of Halo 2, third (where you are the Arbiter for the first time) and the fourth level. The problem for me was, Bungie went way overboard on advertising.  It just didn't meet my expectations.  The concept art that bungie had posted got me a bit too excited, i guess.  Oh well, I suppose there's always Halo 3 to look forward to in 200(?)

onlinebacon

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »

I havent played Halo 2 yet (cos I'm in the UK) but, Ii'm getting it tomorrow, I was wondering why people are so upset about the pistol being taken out, why? it was what ruined Halo1 so unbalanced, but from what i hear, Halo2 is much better balanced

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (XboxDude87 @ Nov 9 2004, 12:48 AM)
I think that halo2 is more of a noob game than halo1. It seems like ANYONE can be good because of the shitty weapons. Like, with halo1 there was good and bad and very good, why? because of the pistol. By taking out the powerful weapon, there leaves little room to get good. The pistol wasn't "unfair", but it took skill to use. None of the new weapons in halo2 take that same skill. The advantage of the pistol in halo1 was there for everyone. If you sucked with it, then you sucked with it, and probably sucked at the game. I think there is a need for unbalanced guns.

the pistol was good for people that suckd, cause they just needed one shot to kill, no you gotta aim and get alot of shots to get a kill not that ONE lucky kill shot, unbalanced weapons lead to cheesing and that sucks. i like the new balance on guns makes it easy to pick up any gun and not be out matchd by someone who sucks but has a better gun. suckd to have a kid pick up a pistol and fire off a load of shots missing all but that lucky one to kill you while you hammer away nailing all of your shots with a weaker gun that takes longer to kill him. reminds me of football when someone finds a 'money' play thats impossible to defend well and just uses it 90% of the time and moans when they cant use that One play anymore. takes no skill to cheese something.

...imho

BobBrkersMyHero

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2004, 07:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (onlinebacon @ Nov 10 2004, 02:32 AM)
I havent played Halo 2 yet (cos I'm in the UK) but, Ii'm getting it tomorrow, I was wondering why people are so upset about the pistol being taken out, why? it was what ruined Halo1 so unbalanced, but from what i hear, Halo2 is much better balanced

exactly...it NEEDS to be unbalanced so that us more skillful players can show off our skill...(not bragging)

i agree with the dissapointment...totally a noob game...

if they took halo 1 and made it xbox live compatible..that would make my day...or the rest of my life  laugh.gif  because xbconnect sucks and lags all the time

gamefreakgcb

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

wink.gif

Sentient

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

okay, im not going to quote anyone or call anyone a noob here I'm just going to try to state the facts as I see them.

The pistol was unbalanced and better than any other weap. in Halo 1.  This is good if you want to spend all of the time using a pistol, but why not call the game "Pistol" and not give anyone any other weapon? I for one would be pretty angry if bungie came out with "Pistol 2".  The pistol had a scope and explosive shells, it was a sniper rifle in your hand, cool idea but without other weapons that compare to its power it leaves the game unbalanced.

The accuracy has been taken out of halo 2.  This is a complete and utter disregard for the truth, weapons like the covenant carbine, the sniper rifle and a few others deal alot of damage at range with great precision.

Halo 2 is like quake/unreal/half life.  another example of a disregard for the truth: Halo 2 is like Halo 2 it has unique weapons and gameplay, sure the smg sprays and prays like a motherfucker but it has RECOIL something that the above mentioned games do not.  The shield system sets this game apart from every other,  you can return to full health just by managing to stay alive.

The sword is for noobs.  While some may like to claim this... you try attacking me w/ the sword when I have any long range weapon... or i have a short range weap and plenty of room, the sword requires you to sneak up on your opponent, or at least attack them while they are cornered.

halo 2 is a noob game, all it is is spray and pray.  say that to my sniper rifle.  well youre a noob sniper rifle lamer,  go play "pistol"

Pages: 1 [2] 3