xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Halo2 More Of A Noob Game  (Read 1258 times)

XboxDude87

• Archived User
Halo2 More Of A Noob Game
« on: November 08, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

I think that halo2 is more of a noob game than halo1. It seems like ANYONE can be good because of the shitty weapons. Like, with halo1 there was good and bad and very good, why? because of the pistol. By taking out the powerful weapon, there leaves little room to get good. The pistol wasn't "unfair", but it took skill to use. None of the new weapons in halo2 take that same skill. The advantage of the pistol in halo1 was there for everyone. If you sucked with it, then you sucked with it, and probably sucked at the game. I think there is a need for unbalanced guns.  <

Crypty

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »

I completely agree. There are other things that make the game more noob friendly too, but Im not gonna go into too much detail since I am a busy man. Lets just say spray and pray vs precision and practice.

I like the halo 1 weapons and engines FAR more but the live stuff on halo 2 is great. Oh how I wish there was a halo 1 with all those live goodies. *tear*  <

XboxDude87

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (Crypty @ Nov 9 2004, 01:09 AM)
I completely agree. There are other things that make the game more noob friendly too, but Im not gonna go into too much detail since I am a busy man. Lets just say spray and pray vs precision and practice.

I like the halo 1 weapons and engines FAR more but the live stuff on halo 2 is great. Oh how I wish there was a halo 1 with all those live goodies. *tear*

Exactly. It takes ZERO practice to be good at this game. Alls you have to do is know the levels and you're good. Its pretty much a spray gun game. Most weapons are automatic. Being able to just be good takes all the fun out of it. I think they should make games with the intention of people being able to be a lot better than people, than making them noob friendly. The people who sucked ass in halo1 are going to love this game in the begining, but they will see what we mean after they play it a while. There are no main advantages.  <

notsodiseased

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (XboxDude87 @ Nov 9 2004, 01:18 AM)
Exactly. It takes ZERO practice to be good at this game. Alls you have to do is know the levels and you're good. Its pretty much a spray gun game. Most weapons are automatic. Being able to just be good takes all the fun out of it. I think they should make games with the intention of people being able to be a lot better than people, than making them noob friendly. The people who sucked ass in halo1 are going to love this game in the begining, but they will see what we mean after they play it a while. There are no main advantages.

Before i get started i just want to apologise in advance incase i get too worked up. I will touch lightly on my points and move on.

Halo 2 is an awesome game and i will agree it is more noob friendly. But i believe you guys are wayy off mark about it. To say it takes 0 practice to get good at this game is ignorant. Im sorry but it is. If what you call noobs can evolve than you bet your ass that pros can evolve too. I guarantee that the same people you see in halo1 comps will be the one in halo2 comps.  And yes everyones crying that they dropped the god pistol. Who cares. Real halo game and comps are decided by the sniper rifle and thats still there (an improved)

and as for people who sucked at halo 1 and love this game. I assume that means you think your good right? I dont see your name on any winners list. Dont be so hateful. If you dont like it then keep playing halo1. No big deal. But I think I'll be moving ahead.

(FYI zios made over60$k last year on halo tournys alone. its only going to get better)  <

romeoso

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

The game is most definitely different from the original Halo, but still maintains the fun.  Did they remove the precision in the game just so it doesn't seem like there's lag when you play online?  I prefer the first Halo over the new one only because there's precision in the original game.  But Bungie did come through with making Halo 2 enjoyable for everyone, even for those who have never played the first Halo.  <

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »

I think this version relies heavily on setting up the gameplay the way you want it.  So if you can decide almost exactly how you want the multiplayer games to be, then you might have a better time.  Almost everyone I know has said that this game removes skill, and I sort of agree and sort of disagree.  If it didn't take skill then how are there score boards where someone dominates?  Obviously there is some skill involved otherwise I'd be seeing a lot more average scoreboards.  When I setup a game I take out the weapons that are too easy to use and substitute.  Although, I will say that the sword is the CHEAPEST weapon in the game.  I can easily go from 5 kills behind to 15 kills ahead and then win the round only using the sword.  The sword has filled the void of the pistol and I think it did so a little too well.

I can't wait for the hackers to pull the mongoose and creaper out of the shared map file and open it up for players.  Or perhaps live will enable it later.  <

Crypty

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

What is the mongoose and creaper?

What would really kick some ass is a re release of halo 1 w/ live stuff. That or a content DL that changes the weapons and engine back to halo 1 so you can play either way. Im sure it will happen in a mod eventually but then id have a hard time finding people to play w/  dry.gif

Crypty

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

What is the mongoose and creaper?

What would really kick some ass is a re release of halo 1 w/ live stuff. That or a content DL that changes the weapons and engine back to halo 1 so you can play either way. Im sure it will happen in a mod eventually but then id have a hard time finding people to play w/  dry.gif

XboxDude87

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

Notsodiseased...I'm not on the winners list cause I have a little thing called a life and don't sit around playing halo all day. :-/  <

bigjonny

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

what r u guys talkin about.  i dont understand how the need for skill has been taken out of the game?  im a little confused on the whole areguement here.  <

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

I was bummed about the pistol but then realized that it will just be put back in by Hizlo, Swampfox, GTjuggler, and the rest.  Seriously the Halo 1 mods right now are so kick ass that i dont know when i'll play halo 2 religiously.  Maybe when they mod that but the gameplay for halo 1 is just better to me.  Halo 2 looks a little better but so what.  And only burst fire for the rifle?  uhh.gif

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

As with most FPS games, there will be unique skills that will separate the good from the bad.  Halo2 simply changes the skill set.  Halo1 multi-player required skills with the pistol.  That's gone now and I think for the better as just about every multi-player game out there has tried to rid itself of unbalancing weapons (look at how many times CStrike for the PC changed around the weapons - at one time the AWP was very unbalancing).  Was it that the pistol really added to Halo1 gameplay - not inherently.  It was just a required skill because that gun was so unbalancing.  Halo2 is still a bit too new for refined skills to become apparent but obvisouly those skills will be somewhat different.  The sword is definitely a bit over the top but in a more open board you can drop a sword weilder like a bitch before he ever gets close.  <

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »

There is still skill in the game.  Its more about the ability to stay alive in this one than the last.  You need to use cover or your dead in 3 seconds flat.  

Also, this sequel is a lot more about strat and closer combat.

The sniper rifles are the new pistols and the covy carbine isn't too bad, although they all leave trails and the rilfes trail stays a bit longer than in the first, but with due warrant.  Get out of the line of their fire or pick them off.  

The thing I think every is overlooking is the covenant pistol.  Charge it and hit someone they have no shields.  Then they are gone with any auto weapon you have.    <

jesusphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

You guys have to be kidding me, right?

Halo 1 was the most unbalanced game ever. It was just laughed at by other games because there was no real strategy to it. You get good with the pistol, you got good with grenades, and you are king.

Having played Halo 2 over Xbox Connect several times over the past 3 weeks, I can tell you that it still takes a lot of skill. A good player will own you. The best players are actual good with the magnums or the battle rifle.

I, being a one man team, managed to outscore 3 other 3-4 man teams over about 35 kills. I obviously wouldn't have been able to do that if it was a noob game.

You just need to play it yourself.

It takes even more skill. There is nothing like dual wielding two players down, meleeing someone, then getting a grenade kill all in a row.

There is nothing like throwing a grenade, smging two people that have been weakened by it, then whipping out the rocket launcher and nailing a banshee flying by.

It takes skill; and its a great and very balanced game.  <

bigjonny

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

ok i get wat u guys r sayin and i think its balanced.  i mean i read (and could be wrong) that u cant melee attack with dual weapons and u cant throw grenades with them either.  to me that will be kinda hard cause im awsome at throwin grenades and killin people and i love to donkey punch(thats wat me and my freinds call)  hitting someone) and killings them that way but then again 2 guns is twice the fire power so which do u use?  i think it may be unbalanced in some ways but not overall if u look at it that way.  plus ive seen videos and if u catch a guy with a sword before he gets to u hes gone so it shouldnt be a problem unless u love to camp and snipe the other people  dry.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3