xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Problems With Xbox 360  (Read 77 times)

Animesing

• Archived User
2 Problems With Xbox 360
« on: March 18, 2011, 03:29:00 AM »

Hello. I have 2 problems with my Xbox. I have installed/uninstalled everything that needed to be installed like drivers and such. I am using a compatible VIA driver that I used to flash 2 previous Liteon drives. The drive that I am trying to flash is one that already has ixtreme 1.6 on it. I am trying to update it to LT+. Now in jungleflasher, I have read that I only need to push the button that says to get dummy from ixtreme. I don't have the keys because I lost them, other wise I wouldn't have to go through that. Now everytime I try to pull those keys, I get the error that tells me to power drive and open tray half way. I am not using the ck3 switch, I am using the 360 as the power supply. Yes I read the JF tut and there was basically 2 ways I could do this, either the power up, eject, close try button, unplug real quick, set to half tray and power back on method. Or there was a manual way that you could do it by the switch and moving that to the left then manually pulling the drive open. I have searched online forever but I can't seem to get the error to go away about the half open drive. I have tried restarting computer, changing the red cable that goes from comp to xbox data cable. I made sure that I am using the right ports etc. I don't know what to do from here. I used the most current version of JF as well. I get no other errors than that one. Any Ideas? I know this system, in fact, has ixtreme 1.6 on it.

The other problem stemmed from the previous problem. Now the tray wont stay closed. You try to close the tray, then 1 second after it closes it opens automatically. Even when I go to power down the system, it opens the tray then shuts off. I must have done something wrong to the tray when I was trying to flash it with the half tray error message for hours. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

Buzzcut

• Archived User
2 Problems With Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »

Have you tried reseating the black SATA and DVD power cables?  

Is the front green light now contantly blinking?

It's very strange as I just had a customer with an almost identical issue....and I couldn't fix it.

He tried to flash a stock Liteon v8 by trying to get into the "Half tray" state by using the push-ejected-tray-in-and-quickly-pull-out-power method but then suddenly the green light started blinking continuously on the front and the tray then wouldn't stay in.  It also always said "Opening" in the dash plus when the box is powered off the tray opened just before the power goes....still with the front light blinking.

I tested the drive and it was fine, it responds like a normal drive on my other test box and I could flash it with no problems, I also tested the cables and they also work fine.  The upshot of this is that the box is screwed; with any drive the green light blinks as soon as the power is on, the drive ejects and constantly says "opening".  There's just nothing else I can switch, the connectors on the MB are also OK with no sign of damage.

Fingers crossed for you it's just the power/SATA cables because if they're OK I think it's game over?

P.S. For anyone else, please don't say that in mine or the OP's case that the drive is blank or it's not flashed properly.  In my case the drive works just fine in another box, as do the cables.

This post has been edited by Buzzcut: Mar 18 2011, 01:58 PM

Animesing

• Archived User
2 Problems With Xbox 360
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Mar 18 2011, 01:31 PM) *

Have you tried reseating the black SATA and DVD power cables?  

Is the front green light now contantly blinking?

It's very strange as I just had a customer with an almost identical issue....and I couldn't fix it.

He tried to flash a stock Liteon v8 by trying to get into the "Half tray" state by using the push-ejected-tray-in-and-quickly-pull-out-power method but then suddenly the green light started blinking continuously on the front and the tray then wouldn't stay in.  It also always said "Opening" in the dash plus when the box is powered off the tray opened just before the power goes....still with the front light blinking.

I tested the drive and it was fine, it responds like a normal drive on my other test box and I could flash it with no problems, I also tested the cables and they also work fine.  The upshot of this is that the box is screwed; with any drive the green light blinks as soon as the power is on, the drive ejects and constantly says "opening".  There's just nothing else I can switch, the connectors on the MB are also OK with no sign of damage.

Fingers crossed for you it's just the power/SATA cables because if they're OK I think it's game over?

P.S. For anyone else, please don't say that in mine or the OP's case that the drive is blank or it's not flashed properly.  In my case the drive works just fine in another box, as do the cables.

Thx for the response. The lights are blinking and I have cycled the cables with other cables from another 360 and I still get the problem. Is there anyway to fix the constant open door?