xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: External Hdd Question  (Read 75 times)

3800sc

• Archived User
External Hdd Question
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »

I apologize if this question has been asked a zillion times.  I did a quick search and checked the FAQ's and did not see it.

I have been able to configure flash drives to install games to as they would to the 360 HDD.  Problem is, it will only use 16GB.  I tried setting my 2TB External up and it will still only configure to 16GB.  Is there a way around this size limit?  Again, I apologize if this answer is right in front of my face somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

superfireball123

• Archived User
External Hdd Question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »

The only way around it is to format it as a FAT X drive otherwise it will limit the size of your storage device.

Ranger72

• Archived User
External Hdd Question
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »

Just connected my HD, then in system settings -> Memory
you see an USB device connected... configure it.. (xbox will only make it 16Gig)

WARNING: IT WILL WIPE THE COMPLEET HD!!!!

now after this i connected the HD to my linux desktop computer and saw it contains a dir called Xbox360

now Create a new dir called anything you like and copy content of Xbox360 dir to the new dir..

now on the xbox you can install a game to the USB device.. and when its full (16 Gig) you only have to rename the Xb0x360 dir to something else and rename the other dir to Xbox360 and you install 16Gig again...

all to do when you want to play an installed game is connect HD to PC and name the correct dir to Xbox360 and you can play it on your x360 from your external HD

like i said its maybe not the best sollution but it works and probraly good hackers may find a better solution with this info...