xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New 360 Owner Wants To Say Hi. What (used) Model Xbox 360 Did I Buy?  (Read 216 times)

Avinitlarge

• Archived User

Probably a refurbished Xenon, Still as crap as the day they were made. I would say the statement above was written by a Xbox 360 fan boy.

insanity4all

• Archived User
New 360 Owner Wants To Say Hi. What (used) Model Xbox 360 Did I Buy?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(vexatious @ Sep 9 2013, 12:00 AM) View Post

Just bought a used 360....

Want to know since I not only want to play my Xbox 360,....

Want to preserve it as a collectors item as well.  
Kind regards,

Silver cover on the disc drive means it was originally purchased as  a pro.   White means, arcade or core.   Elite would have been black to match the case.   But other than the dvd drive end piece, the only differences would have been whether a hard drive was included.  Oh and the cores. came with a wired vs. wireless controller.   Had it not already been registered once, (it was since when it was repaired in 2008)  you could have registered it, and xbox.com would have told you the model it was purchased as.  

The registration is lost forever.  The fact it's been repaired once already, means it's already been registered.   Or do you mean one of those stupid little cards that came with them for like the first year.  

Now as for the rest....  your first two statements in the quote, means it will NEVER be a "collectors" item.  Much like a new car, you test drove it, just lost half it's value.   At least for a valuable collector's item.   There may be a few nutjobs out there in the world who would want to keep a first revision of the 360.  But any real collector of an Xbox360, realizes and acknowledges they were all pieces of poo that NEVER should have been placed on the market until they were ready.   They were ready in November 2008, with the fifth revision of the xbox360.  Jaspers.  Yeppers Microsoft intentionally screwed over the world for profit.   Honestly though would you ever expect anything else from an American corporation?  Furthermore being a Xenon (probably mfr in 2005) repaired and slapped with a new sticker in 2008/  I'm shocked it's still working.  It's either been sitting on a shelf for many years.   Or they probably have done another reflow since then from a third party.  

Vast majority of the people who were holding on to unopened launch boxes were doing so, not as a collector's item, but as a guarantee of having a box that was exploitable for however long it took the geniuses of the world to hack it.   2009   smile.gif   I can't remember who you were, but THANK YOU again!  hmmm trancy?   Timing attack doesn't count since nobody made a rebooter too.   jester.gif

PS.   For some reason I have it in my head that the first year or two the xboxes actually had the serial numbers printed on the box.   I know it hasn't been like that since at least 2008.   IDK could all be in my head.

PPS- With 76million consoles sold as of February 2013.   IMO   you're going to be holding on to that box for at least 30 years before it goes from being worth it's weight in poo, to possibly urine.   Especially with the world being in a recession.

Avinitlarge

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:15:00 AM »

Arcade came with white disc tray front and no hard drive
Premium came with silver tray front and 20GB hard drive

Internally, Exactly the same

Avinitlarge

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »

Ive got a pile of boxes/retail packaging. If you are in the UK I could help you out

vexatious

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »

Really don't understand why we can't edit older posts.  But anyway...

This configuration is still a little mysterious (close but not quite there yet).  Front of Xbox clearly has chrome plating on dvd drive which should make it a pro model (sorry for not saying before but console is white).  But how do I tell which hard drive size it had; according to WIKI it can be a 60 or 20 GB?  Wiki also appears inaccurate, stating hdmi was available after 2007 and on all Elite models; this isn't really true.  Serial number indicates it's from production line 9 but don't know if that means anything else; used this site for reference: http://www.thetechga...t-it-means.html.

EDIT:
According to this: http://uk.gamespot.c...ntinued-6193719?; the 60 GB pro model was released in early August (article is dated 2008 so it must be early August of 2008).  So it appears I have the 20GB pro model.

Many kind thanks again.

Cheers!

EDIT:
Here's a bizarre configuration (okay someone might've messed with it).  Has chrome dvd face plate but it's manufactured end of November, 2005:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item4612d2b30c