xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Zepher Xbox Consistantly Restarts Itself  (Read 191 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
Zepher Xbox Consistantly Restarts Itself
« on: August 25, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »

Does it do a complete full power boot?  Or just a partial procedure?

Can it sit in idle at the main screen for a long period of time?  Do only the game discs provoke the restart?

Any mods to system ?  jtag, rgh or anything else ?

Have you tried a secondary brick?

Problem could be a waning device on the main board.  Could also be a firmware issue.

Got any more details?

SecondLifeRepairs

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 06:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ Aug 25 2013, 05:17 PM) View Post

Does it do a complete full power boot?  Or just a partial procedure?

Can it sit in idle at the main screen for a long period of time?  Do only the game discs provoke the restart?

Any mods to system ?  jtag, rgh or anything else ?

Have you tried a secondary brick?

Problem could be a waning device on the main board.  Could also be a firmware issue.

Got any more details?

Hey wilgo,

I would have to call it a partial reboot.  While just sitting there, the screen will turn go black, and the xbox will go through a boot process, but it doesn't actually lose power.

the Console can sit there for between 5-30 seconds before it restarts itself.  Sometimes it will seem like it is going to go through another reboot process but seems to wait for 15 seconds before it starts.  Again it will restart even when it is just sitting there.

No mods to the system as the warranty seal was still intact.

I have tried my normal one (that I have used for over 500 repairs) and 2 other 203W bricks.

Any ideas of wiping the firmware or even diagnosing it?

SecondLifeRepairs

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:07:00 AM »

well looks like after having it on for 30 some odd minutes, I FINALLY got an e64.  Perhaps its got a bad chip on the BenQ drive or bad power/sata.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »

You could swap out the Sata and power cables on the dvd drive - see if there is any effect.

Next just assign another dvd drive temporarily.  Just write the drive key in place with Jungleflasher.
If the restarting goes away - then it might have just been faulty firmware in the original.

Next step after that  .... would be to read the Nand.  Then perhaps write back to it with updates.

Problem still could be a board device dying on the motherboard of the console.  Start with the dvd drive things first

SecondLifeRepairs

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ Aug 26 2013, 05:05 PM) View Post

You could swap out the Sata and power cables on the dvd drive - see if there is any effect.

Next just assign another dvd drive temporarily.  Just write the drive key in place with Jungleflasher.
If the restarting goes away - then it might have just been faulty firmware in the original.

Next step after that  .... would be to read the Nand.  Then perhaps write back to it with updates.

Problem still could be a board device dying on the motherboard of the console.  Start with the dvd drive things first

I did throw in another BenQ drive and it stopped restarting.  I will have to flash the drive with the old key (if I can get it off the original)