xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenon 0020 To 0021 Rrod Error Help  (Read 202 times)

mattsconsolerepairs

• Archived User
Xenon 0020 To 0021 Rrod Error Help
« on: August 11, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums here but I'm havin a really big problem and I need your help. The setup I'm using is a auyou 968+ with a griddle. Before you jump to conclusions and tell me my setup is horrible and will burn chips let me tell you a little something. I've been using my setup for quite some time with 99% success rates. I only popcorned chips when I was learning on dead boards. I'm very good at reflowing and reballing. Now to my problem. I got this Xbox and it would turn on and then go to a red/green screen and sometime rrod. It had 0020 so I put a new chip on and it went to a 0021 so I reballed the southbridge and still a 0021. What do I do now??

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 06:37:00 AM »

Are you sure there are not loose components arounds the CPU and GPU? sometimes this is causing such errors.

gamestationohio

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »

You are right about the 968 and griddle... they do work, and thanks to them we got the Chinese to make low cost rework machines...

You don't bolt down to the griddle do you?/ the griddle bows every time it heats up. many so it is changing shap 4 or 5 times during a reflow.

I have seen Zenons go from a successful reball and then get 0021 after a few days and the GPU has died. Also Zenon that just go 0021 after a reball. that GPU is not very durable for reballing.

Where is the "new" chip from? Chinese sellers sell bad stuff on ebay all the time...