xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bond Everything Or Nothing. New Problem!  (Read 198 times)

nickw23

• Archived User
Bond Everything Or Nothing. New Problem!
« on: February 24, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

BACKGROUND INFO:
Ok,  let me first start off by saying that yes, I have read all of the other topic posts about backing up my bond game.

I have the retail copy, and this isn't the downloaded iso that freezes on lvl 4.

WHAT I HAVE DONE:
1. I ftp the files from my xbox to pc hdd via flashxp.
2. Create the iso with gdfimage.
3. Burn riteks at 1x on Nero.
Tried all of the above twice with same result

FYI: I have backed up 15 of my other games using this same method.

I load the backup with Evox.  Game boots fine and I can watch the first cut scene when Bond is suppossed to foil the "trade".  Note: I cannot skip this intro.  Once the cutscene is over and the game starts, bond is sitting there and everyone is firing in the background, plane leaves and everything.  But, I have no controls except to hit Start and get the start menu.  Has anyone had this problem?  And ideas to help me out?  Thanks.  <

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

LOL.. it's the tutorial. Read the on-screen display to play. I think you need to use R trigger to lock on to enemies..

jester.gif   <

nickw23

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

I'll try when I get home from work, but I'm almost 100% positive that isn't the case.  Sure would be embarrasing if it was though.  I 'll post back.  <

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

Well, it is.

Moving to Gamer's Chat..  <

palmeiro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

I also had that problem after the cutscene ended.  But... I figured it out after 10 seconds since I was pressing every button and one button did it for me.  Yeah, it seems like you didn't press the trigger button.  All EA action game these days just doesn't let you skip the opening cutscene unless you already have a save file in your HD.  I guess it's their way of "incorporating" realism into the game.  So be sure to play until you can actually save it.  When the game starts, they give you a small tutorial so you can get the hang of it.  It's the least they can do to help you out since they don't give you the option to look at the control button before the game starts.

I had doubts about this new Bond game being a 3rd person view instead of its traditional 1st person view but I'm liking this.  I guess it doesn't hurt to have actual actors and their voices in the game.
 <

mario_ps2

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

I had doubts about this new Bond game being a 3rd person view instead of its traditional 1st person view but I'm liking this. I guess it doesn't hurt to have actual actors and their voices in the game

What!! Are you kidding, 3rd person view are awesome and excellent...One big difference why computer programmers don't like to code or build a game with 3rd person view is because...It's harder..but if definitely pays off...

1st person view games are great but 3rd person view games are much better since you see what's going on instead of just seeing a hand with a shotgun...

I wish they would make games with the two views..this way everyone would be happy..... wink.gif   <