xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Xbox Or PS2  (Read 1751 times)

rgtaa

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (ocojaa @ Jan 10 2004, 06:34 PM)
laugh.gif  This is an XBOX forum. What kind of responses did you expect?

you could be right about that ...but I did ask only people that have owned both or own both to vote ... so ... the poll should only have owners of both ... not just xbox or just ps2.

keithacole

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2004, 04:25:00 AM »

i have dreamcast, N64,PS2,XBOX

i've had my ps2 for over a year... never played it for more then an hour a week because i was too cheap to buy memory cards. i stayed on my dreamcast because the used games were like 2 bucks apeice, and accessorries were dirt cheap too. then i bought my xbox 2 weeks ago, and im on it everysingle day, i gave the PS2 to my kids, and bought them memory cards and a few new games, but imagine i was too cheap to get memory cards for my ps2, but i bought new xbox additional s-controller, dvd kit, halo,mortal kombat, island thunder, and splinter cell in addition to the starwars/tetris that came with it. before i play a first person shooter on ps2, i would play it on pc, now i would go xbox over pc. i guess im biased because i never gave ps2 a chance:shrug:

NION

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

I liked the PS2 but that was before Xbox, it's a good console the PS2 but Xbox is far better, look at the games, e.g. Halo the best FPS ever , or the hardware, how many PS2's have a 120GB Harddrive or the modification utilities for the XBOX. The only reason i had one was for the games that were only coming out for it which were Tekken 4 / GT3 - GT4 / GTA3 etc. BUT xbox just overwhelms the PS 2 by a long shot

eyric101

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

I have both.  I play both equally but only right at this moment, and only because I am right in the middle of Manhunt.  I have had a couple of xboxs since its release.  The hardware in an xbox Destroys the ps2.  PS2 hardware is garbage.  Complete and total trash.  Just taking it apart is the biggest pain in the ass.  I put a dms2.0 in my ps2.  It worked and i was able to back up my games on to blank dvd media.  That was it.  I put a modchip on my xbox and i stream movies, play emu's, play games off the hard drive, play home brew games, the list goes on and on and on.

Any time you see a multi platform game advertisement, guess what the screen shots are pulled from?  An xbox.  Most of the games are top quality whereas about 30 percent of the games rock on the ps2 (most of those are multi platform games).  I'm not a fanboy and I hate badmouthing consoles, however the ps2 is really not even in the same league as the xbox.  ps2 is last generation console hanging on to its lead only because of its backwards compatibility and sheer amount of titles.

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

i have both and use my Xbox much more in fact i started calling my PS2 S2S(SOCOM 2 Station)

penguin318

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

i have had everything in the last 15 years and my dreamcast was the best 1 i had till i got xbox, sold my ps2 for beer money newyears 2002. i feel bad now that my xbox has banished my dreamcast to the closet

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (ocojaa @ Jan 10 2004, 07:34 PM)
laugh.gif  This is an XBOX forum. What kind of responses did you expect?

Exactly. Questions like this can't be asked here. But honestly I'd advise you to go with a PS2. So many more games. There's something for every interest you may have. Xbox is just something I used to mod and keep the dust off my better stuff.

rgtaa

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

The current top rated games seem to be multi-ported ...pc,xbox and ps2 (ex, max payne 2, grand thief auto series, madden, ect).

So it comes down to which system has better hardware ...between the Xbox and PS2 , right?

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (eyric101 @ Jan 15 2004, 04:02 PM)
ps2 is last generation console hanging on to its lead only because of its backwards compatibility and sheer amount of titles.

The ultimate reason why the ps2 sells better than the xbox is because of the mainstream buyers.  The ps2 is popular and cool, and since my cool friend has it i need one too.  This is the mentality of the mainstream gamer, it has nothing to do with the quantity or quality of the games.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (Aunt_Jemima @ Jan 16 2004, 01:19 AM)
Questions like this can't be asked here.

Xbox sites, in general have a more mature audiance, they are not like the typical ps2 site that regularily have to put down other systems as to justify their non factual purchase.  This is a good place to ask such a question, because most of the people here are hard core gamers, and own multiple consoles; it's all about the games.  That being said, i have not played a system this much, since the 8 and 16 bit days, until the xbox.  I would take halo, morrowind, kotor, doa3, and rallysport over any other games in their respected genera, on any other system; with zelda and metroid filling in the gap on the gamecube.

lebriznon

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

i dont have a ps2, but im going to get it just for Final Fantasy (insert number here).  I have played with the ps2 many times, and its still a lot of fun.

frozen lake

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

ps2

im getting tired of my xbox now....

nthingspecial

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

I use my ps2 as a bookend. I only like it for games where I need the triggers rather than the black and white buttons.

I don't use ps2 at all, and I used to slam xbox and say it was so shitty. NCAA 2004 on xbox looks FAR better than it does on ps2. Graphically nothing beats it.

nthingspecial

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

I like Gladius for an rpg/strategy game.. its pretty addicting.. and I yell at the TV. Much like Street 2 on ps2

Alcofrolic

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2004, 03:33:00 AM »

well after having both consoles i have to say its xbox all the way for me

PS2 in my eyes died a long time ago, all they seem to do no is release reems of sequels or addons.
pointless imo!

PS2 has inferior graphics and i find it very lame nowwadays.
Online play is a jok eon PS2 compared to Xbox Live.

Plus i love my xbox more due to its modding capabilities!

I had a PSX for a few weeks last month when my mate sent me it to look after while he was away, and even that was pretty dismal, the HDD recording was ok, but i have a DVD recorder anyways, so id never use it.

bottom line:

PS2 is dead
Xbox is the champion!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12