xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Xbox Or PS2  (Read 1750 times)

rgtaa

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« on: January 05, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

Hey if you feel the desire to write out the reasons for your vote ... let's hear them! smile.gif

P.S.  I'm debating myself whether to buy a ps2 ... so this poll might help me make my decision.
Thanks

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

Dont care for Ps2 at all. Only reason I would get it is for maybe DDR imports but thats it  laugh.gif . I have a ps2 still just don't like to consider it, just play DDR on it  wink.gif

cainedna

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

I play more PS2 games than Xbox games, but since modding the Xbox, I get a lot more play out of it than the PS2. Does that make sense?
It all has to do with what sort of games you like. If you play mostly classic style games or FPS, I'd say stick with the Xbox. If you like newer RPGs, fighting games, adventure games, and wacky Japanese style games,  I'd say the PS2 is the way to go. If you like solid, good-looking games on the cheap, I'd suggest the Gamecube. Of course, if you can afford all 3, I'd say go that way.

GaijinPunch

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 10:48:00 PM »

I own both.
I play PS2 games on my PS2, and play old, 16-bit and Mame stuff on my Xbox (almost exclusively).  It's cool to have, but if you aren't into emulation, I'd pass.

parpaset

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »

i got both but the ps2 just sits in my truck for a cd/dvd player.  originally i bought ps2 for the rpg's.  i prefer xbox because of the crazy shit you can do with it.  
if u have the cash and just want different games, go for a ps2 or even a gamecube.  but if it came down to one, the xbox is the shit.

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »

I use my Xbox more than my PS2 because of XBL, better 4player games for my friends and I, the xbox has the better version of multi-platform games (so I always get those for my Xbox), HALO and DOA3 (it's insane how much play time these games get from both multi and single player sessions) and quite frankly I prefer more of the Xbox exclusive titles such as Crimson Skies, Halo, DOA3, RS3, RTCW, Panzer Dragoon Orta, etc....

When I do play my PS2, I use it for those beat 'em up games such as Devil May Cry, Rhygar, Castlevania Lament of Innocence and Chaos Legion.  I also use it for 4Player Smackdown Tournaments with my friends and I.  The RPGs on the PS2 are plentiful but I find most of them being very mediocre or bad rip-offs of other RPGs, so basically I invested most of my RPG playing time with FF-X and the .Hack series.

Liamb2003

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 02:22:00 AM »

i dont have the ps2 anymore cuz we sold it. Lots of people say ps2 because they say theres more games, the thing is most of the games they have, on xbox are great games. but on ps2 theres lots of games but about 3/4 of them are crap. Also the modding possibilities on xbox are great. If you mod your ps2, whats the most you can do? play games from other regions? and watch vcd's, thats about it. I always have said it, and i still do. xbox Rules.

This post has been edited by Liamb2003 on Jan 6 2004, 10:23 AM

rgtaa

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

gee ... if close to 70 percent of the people that have owned both ...recommend just the xbox ... I guess I'll hold of getting into the ps2 thing.
Thanks for your input, very much appreciated!

royalk4

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 02:14:00 AM »

XBL is way better and PS2 sucks way more.  Although some of PS2 titles are better.  I love the xbox

-Natas-

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

I have both and like both for different reasons. I use my xbox to play games like morrowind and panzer dragoon orta. My PS2 has all the sweet RPG's on it plus a lot of other sweet titles. I also use the PS2 as my online gaming machine since online play is FREE (except EQOA and FFXI when it is released). The PS2 does get most of the play though even after modding my xbox.  ;)

ocojaa

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

laugh.gif  This is an XBOX forum. What kind of responses did you expect?

Spawnarius

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

I used to play Tekken and Gran Turismo on PS2 but when I got my XBOX and modded it I'm obsessed with DOA3, Tao Feng and PGR2...
Overall, XBOX might have less games than PS2 (PS2 has been out longer tho) but XBOX games are of better quality than PS2 ones... Talking about the exclusive ones.

But even multi-platforms play best on XBOX than GC or PS2 imho.

Now on "modability" XBOX owns PS2 any given time :)

I even gave up my PC games (except Warcraft) for XBOX :P

Dunny

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

PS2 - Pro Evo 3 takes up a lot of my time.

jtsurfs

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

The only reason I have kept my PS2 this long is for the new Gran Turismo 4 coming soon! Other than that its a dust magnet.  tongue.gif

GameGuru1

• Archived User
Xbox Or PS2
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

I've got both ps2 and xbox. I play xbox much more though. wink.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12