xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gamefly Online Rental Review  (Read 280 times)

kmae987

• Archived User
Gamefly Online Rental Review
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:40:00 AM »

Careful when using Gamefly. Many of the games I was returning were getting lost in the mail. Then, I started returning two games in a single envelope (as suggested in their website), and they were acknowledging only one as being return. They were not able to solve this issue and threaten to charge my account for the "delinquent" games that they weren't able to return to stock properly.

poncho

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

I stopped using gamefly because they kept saying they never received the game i mailed back or i never received the game.  But to their defense, a few mail carriers have been arrested for stealing netflix dvd's.  I assume there are stealing gamefly games as well.

whiteblur67

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

you cant even trust the government imposed monopoly of the postal system anymore uhh.gif

daddy69

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

Same here, I returned 3 games on a single drop and none of them were received by gamefly. Just because of these f@cking crooks my account got suspended.

kowrip

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(daddy69 @ Mar 25 2006, 06:16 AM) *

Same here, I returned 3 games on a single drop and none of them were received by gamefly. Just because of these f@cking crooks my account got suspended.

I had GameFly for about 1 year.  It started out great.  I got games in 3-4 days and never had any lost.  Then, things started going downhill after about 6 months.  That's when my first game was "not received" by them.  Also, the shipping times starting increasing to where it would sometimes take 1 week to receive the game.  I finally cancelled it when 3 games were "lost" in the span of a few weeks.  It just wasn't worth it to me.  The idea is a good one, but it really sucks that there's no guarantee that the disc gets from point A to point B.  In fact, you don't even have any idea if the disc was really shipped out.  Somebody at GF could be pocketing the games and just marking them as "shipped".  That's what I don't like about this service.  On top of that, once a game is lost, it significantly delays things because you must wait 1 week to complain and then it takes their customer service people several days more to respond before your next game is sent (which takes ANOTHER 3-4 days at least).  When it takes 3-4 days to ship in each direction, I don't want any significant delays !  If I went with another game rental service, it would be something like a Blockbuster game pass since I'd want the game in hand when I walk out of the store.  If GF comes up with a better GUARANTEED delivery method such as signatures at both ends, I might consider it again.

Q3A-TaNK

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 12:17:00 AM »

I too am a victim of GameFly and the mail return problem. I absultly love the selection BUT its the return and reciving siuation problem that sucks ass. I also would return a game sometimes get check in and be all right but then i started getting the problem some of my games not being "returned" so i ended up calling their hotline and sending those automated email messages. Dont get me wrong GameFly was very nice about it and walked me through some of my problems. You see the problem is that GameFly is somewhat expensive. For about you pay a month and you end up getting about usally 8-10 games in a month (that kinda sucks)  Ive gone to a rental store called Family Video get the half price deal for $10 and pay the half the price of a current game ($2.50 for one night to $1.25 PLUS you get a 1 FREE MVG Game ie decent game or somewhat popular in the area (the rentals all go by how well they RENT in the area of the stores not by curent release state like Rugrats Royal Ransom is STILL current by the store due to so many kids renting the game) or 2 FREE XVG Game ie- a game that was pretty popular and its just old (Test Drive, Tekken 4, Soul Calibur 2, Twisted Metal Black) or just didnt flat didnt rent well or sucked (Terminator 3 ROTM, Crimson Tears, Ape Escape 2,GoldenEye Rouge Agent) To sum up GameFly great service idea BUT needs to have disbrution centers like Blockbuster and not everything coming and going out of Cali.

Yoshi9143

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 04:17:00 PM »

http://forums.filenotfound.org//index.php?...showtopic=25324

I am yoshmasta
I will be updating every week on it so check it out if ya wanna.

Vegeta

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »

Nice review bro! I have wondered about these kinds of service and I will be following along with your reviews. Thanks again! beerchug.gif

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 05:48:00 AM »

I've been using Gamefly since July and I've been really happy.  Sometimes it's a little slow getting the new games but that's expected since I'm in Rhode Island and I think they're in California.  Can't get farther away than that.

What's up with the guy on that message board post complaining about Gamefly being too expensive?  It's $21.95 a month and I usually get between 6-8 games a month!  $2.75 a game is pretty reasonable I would say.  Beats $6.00 at Blockbuster.