xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Team Xecuter DG-16D4S Unlocked Replacement PCB Update  (Read 275 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Team Xecuter DG-16D4S Unlocked Replacement PCB Update
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | June 17 00:01 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From team-xecuter.com:

Now that production is fully underway of the newly designed DG-16D4S PCB we have not only been able to reduce our production costs due to a larger than expected volume of wholesale orders, but we have also closed a deal to source a great amount of very difficult to find parts at a greatly reduced priced.

Our policy is always to be as competitive as possible, and these new savings will be reflected in the RRP and in the wholesale prices.

We should reiterate that this is not a simple copy of the DG-16D4S board, but a custom made version with a new chipset (and not just a single IC change), and it will be completely solderless – the install will simply be a cut and clip design.

Also note that if you are using a 9504 drive (if you are lucky enough to find a non-fake version) that the drive’s MT controller can be locked at ANY time via cdb commands. This is non reversible and is not a scare tactic, it is a fact. The custom DG-16D4S PCB has a manual write protect enable / disable switch so YOU are in control. You simply disable WP, Flash the drive, Enable WP and you are done.

We have tested the board on 9504, 0225 and 0401 consoles and they are working perfectly – all on Live with no problems whatsoever.

So, the first custom designed Liteon DG-16D4S Unlocked Replacement PCB now has an RRP of just $59.95.

The Pro Installers Kit which is the main IC and also the add-on circuit for write protect enable / disable etc is still available for an RRP of $19.99 and we are told by most major modders that they will be looking to charge around $30-$40 to install this for you if you can’t do it yourself.

We will post actual product images in the next week or so.

There are also several major new products to announce very soon – July will be a busy month indeed :)

Official Site: http://team-xecuter.com

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »

$59.95, now we're cooking with gas!  I can work with that.  Thanks!

wadodem

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »

I'm amazed that they can do a complete new clone of the board and sell it for that, I was sure they would be just modifying boards from existing drives. Not doubting or anything, just impressed!

if you are using a 9504 drive (if you are lucky enough to find a non-fake version) that the drive’s MT controller can be locked at ANY time via cdb commands.

But older Liteons like the DG-16D2S 74850 can't be locked in this way (I'm hoping)?

d33bz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »

At $60 a piece it's pointless offering a flashing service as you'll run at a loss, unless you rip your customers a new one. I will not buy these replacement PCB's. Hopefully maximus comes up with a simpler solution to bypass the write lock on these drives.

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(d33bz @ Jun 17 2011, 07:13 AM) *

At $60 a piece it's pointless offering a flashing service as you'll run at a loss, unless you rip your customers a new one. I will not buy these replacement PCB's. Hopefully maximus comes up with a simpler solution to bypass the write lock on these drives.

In another thread someone stated that maximus has some health concerns right now and don't be waiting on him.  Regardless, nobody is twisting a customers arm to flash their console and it's not life and death, it's video games.  If they can't deal with an upcharge because it requires a pcb and it's just that model xbox then they can go take it to the next mod man.  I bet dollars to donuts you WILL buy one of these replacement pcb's.  Unless you have a rework station and plan on replacing ic's.

krizalid

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(d33bz @ Jun 17 2011, 01:13 AM) *

If you offer a flash service than you should be a certified or experienced hardware technician, so you shouldn't even worry about the replacement PCB when you are more than capable of performing the MT133 swap that will be $20+shipping extra...

This is one of the reason why TS decided to make things their way, so that we don't make the money, but they do.

but remember, they aren't the only ones with that kind of skills, so wait paciently for a home solution (hardware mod or software).

Remember what happend to the Hitachi079 back in the days... just a flashback  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

OzModChips

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(ProphetOfPain @ Jun 17 2011, 07:17 AM) *

In another thread someone stated that maximus has some health concerns right now

There are other people in the scene as well besides maximus.
The advice to our customer is to wait. You have already been waiting for 6 months or so, if you cannot wait another 2 weeks or so after the firmware is released then go for it!

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(OzModChips @ Jun 17 2011, 08:05 AM) *

The advice to our customer is to wait. You have already been waiting for 6 months or so, if you cannot wait another 2 weeks or so after the firmware is released then go for it!

I wasn't the original one who made the reference to maximus making boards.

I really don't see what the problem is.  I know they stated the reason why the price dropped, but when the news of it launched at twice as much it didn't get too warm a reception.  I also thought that was way high when a 4gb slim is 199.99.  Maybe this was their tactic to make the 59.95 appealing and we can all bitch and see if we can get it to $30 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

dank4life

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 01:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(ProphetOfPain @ Jun 16 2011, 11:17 PM) *

In another thread someone stated that maximus has some health concerns right now and don't be waiting on him.  

What are you talking about?
That is not true.
Please don't spread unfounded rumors.
Max just made a release yesterday.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=732543
I'm sure tX can sell just fine without throwing maximus under the bus.
Not that its ever stopped them....

ProphetOfPain

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(dank4life @ Jun 17 2011, 08:27 AM) *

What are you talking about?
That is not true.
Please don't spread unfounded rumors.
Max just made a release yesterday.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=732543
I'm sure tX can sell just fine without throwing maximus under the bus.
Not that its ever stopped them....

Well I didn't start it and I would like to see max make a release, in fact I myself have always supported maximus and have only recently switched to the x360usb as I didn't see the lizard for me.  So I wish him and anyone doing the electronic hustle the best!

d33bz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 02:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(ProphetOfPain @ Jun 17 2011, 08:17 AM) *
If they can't deal with an upcharge because it requires a pcb and it's just that model xbox then they can go take it to the next mod man.  I bet dollars to donuts you WILL buy one of these replacement pcb's.

Actually I won't buy these PCB's, I will just not offer the the 0225 drives as a service. They can go elsewhere to get their console done. I'm willing to wait a few months. Remember this piece of shit that ended up being worthless:

(IMG:http://team-xecuter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ltswitch-1.jpg)

I think the same will happen with this PCB...Another method is bound to show it's face...

QUOTE(krizalid @ Jun 17 2011, 09:00 AM) *
If  you offer a flash service than you should be a certified or experienced  hardware technician, so you shouldn't even worry about the replacement  PCB when you are more than capable of performing the MT133 swap that  will be $20+shipping extra...

Nope I'm just an average joe...Not a  certified hardware technician. Still $20 extra per flash is still not ideal. Would rather pay $100 for some addon and keep my price the same and just work the money back over time.

Like I said I'm willing to wait and I will tell my customers that same, they should wait.

Bitte3602

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »

1 Have 1 question.

THIS PCB SUPPORT THE NEXT DASHBOARD?!? HOW WE UPDATE
THE CONSOLE WHIT THE NEXT DASHBOARD WHIT THIS PCB INSTALLED?

Ok we gotcha this and install and we can enable/disable etc..

But...

What happen when microsoft release the next dashboard revision
for exampe if ms release 2.0.13146.1 or 2.0.13147.0 after 2.0.13146.0 ?!?!

I Mean...

We all know that microsoft now re-flash the firmware in the console...

So how we use it whit the next dashbboard...

Becouse if we DISABLE the WRITING FEATUER of the PCB,the console
can't update and we can't use so the pcb then

If we ENABLE the WRITING FEATURE of the pcb,the console can be
not update same coz the hardware of the pcb is not the same...

So how we do about the new dashboard next comign

Becouse i not want buy something 50$ that at then next dashboard
i need put in rubbish...

This post has been edited by Bitte3602: Jun 17 2011, 09:26 AM

pif001

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 02:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(OzModChips @ Jun 17 2011, 08:05 AM) *

This guy knows what hes talking about...so people just chill out! 60 USD for the board, that's insane! Maximus is OK guys, so please stop the rumors!

bassv2

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »

If there is no other solution, we just have to wait for the Chinese guy who also wants a piece of the pie.

Bitte3602

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 04:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(bassv2 @ Jun 17 2011, 11:19 AM) *

If there is no other solution, we just have to wait for the Chinese guy who also wants a piece of the pie.

mm i think this pcb is already made by chinese korea or japan ...only team-xecuter etc. use they name for sell so i not think the price go down than this...... only can go down if they sell more more more.

Someone hav idea about this about next dashboard and this pcb?
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...d=4805780&#

This post has been edited by Bitte3602: Jun 17 2011, 11:27 AM