xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Alright, Now This Is Weird  (Read 27 times)

GatorLCA

• Archived User
Alright, Now This Is Weird
« on: April 18, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

I loaded up MC3 with the original disk cause my Xbox has been acting up on me lately, freezing resets, and once freezing in DVD2Xbox...I flahed the new 3108 BIOS on it and that still seemed to mess it up, so back to the original disk.  (Running off the HDD) Sometimes after a race, right after saving it would reset and go back to the dashboard. I go into X3 LIVE and shut off In Game Reset, sucks but i figured what the heck.  So as I'm playing with the original disk, booted up with the chip on, everything is fine until THE DAMN THING RESETS right after a race...So, I'm not entirely sure on what it is, I have a new IDE cable on the way to replace the old one (someone mentioned it and it was only $7)...or is my DVD drive going to shit or is it the HDD/Dashboard/BIOS config?. I'm not sure but it's really annoying.

This has also happened on MX v. ATV: Unleashed, but not as often

GatorLCA

• Archived User
Alright, Now This Is Weird
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

uhhh...no one???

my friend has both on his with the same set-up with an X3 chip (except his HDD is 7200 and mine's a 5400) also I have a Phillip's DVD and he has a Thompson and he hasn't experienced any problems with these games from his HDD

This post has been edited by GatorLCA: Apr 19 2005, 05:00 AM