xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag Updates/removal Of R6t3  (Read 71 times)

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
Jtag Updates/removal Of R6t3
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:19:00 AM »

Hey guys, been a while since i posted here. I recently picked up on 360 scene and jtagged my falcon box. Its running XBReboot and does not have the RT63 removed.

My intentions with this xbox are to use it to play my backups from my external sata hdd. I got the hdd hooked up so nxe formats it as a ms harddrive. I intend on putting all my games on there, so my nephew doesnt scratch the hell out of mine. Anyway being that my nephews gonna be using this box i need to take precaustions.

As mentioned, rt63 is not removed as of yet. Removing it will in theory prevent ms from burning the fuse i understand, thus preventing them from updating the box to prevent the exploit running. Then i here that xbreboot uses virtual fuses and prevents burning of the actual fuses. This box is not going to be on live at all, so im not worried about those updates, rather the updates shipped on game discs. Assuming, which is pretty likely, ms starts putting the new kernal along with games and forces update. If my nephew clicks update from a game right now then im screwed i guess. So im thinking of removing the rt63 to prevent this. But one further thing, i here that when its removed you get an e80? From what i understand this is when it expects the fuse to be burnt but it is not because of the removal. Does this error only appear when an update is attempted, or will i need to reflash the nand when i remove rt63. Finally, do you guys recommend removal or bridging the points.

Thanks and apologies if these are answered elsewhere.
Mike