xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Start Rs3:ba Off Hard Drive  (Read 492 times)

jr43822

• Archived User
Can't Start Rs3:ba Off Hard Drive
« on: November 02, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »

I've searched around for a fix and haven't found one.  I've got Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow on my hard drive along with some other games, and the other ones work fine, but this one is giving me problems.  It plays the opening videos and gets to the press start screen, it does it's loading thing, then the press start screen comes up again.  I've used Qwix and Craxion 4 to patch the default.xbe file and I've tried patching the other 3 .xbe files in the main directory.  Can't get it to work.  Any help?

bearcreek

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

Are you using the original game and not a backup? Try clearing the game out and reloading it to the hard drive. Is your hard drive large enough for the game. I have a couple of games backed up to my hard drive including black arrow and never had to patch the default .xbe. It should run just fine. What dashboard are you using? Make sure the game is in the root of E:Games or F:Games.

jr43822

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

I've got about 35 GB's left on an 80 gig hard drive, I'm using my original RS3:BA disk, and all my games are under Games on the F: drive.  I'll try just deleting it and putting it back on.  I had game saves for the game on the hard drive before I loaded it onto the hard drive, could that create the problem?

bearcreek

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 06:00:00 AM »

I doubt that the game saves would cause problems but you never know. I would try reloading the game before I deleted the game saves.

Stokes2350

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

Yea I have the same problem. after backing it up using dvd2xbox goes to press start screen and just reloads it. Does exactly the same thing if i delete the backup and play it off the disk. Ive never been able to play it so there are no saved games

triplenova

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

i had this same probelm, i couldent start rainbow six 3, splintercell 2, ghost recon... but one day i was tellin my friend about it, he told me to delet the folder CATCH (i think it is in the E drive. no idea why, but it worked, amazing. if your scared about deleting it, just move it, just make it so the xbox cant find it, then the games will work, i hope this helps ya

KeizerSoze

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

ooh! ooh! ooh!! i know the answer, i know, i know!!!

ok, here's the deal. for some odd reason, both games were orginally created with the SAME folder name. so, when you back them up, you get problems.

here's how i fixed my problem:

1. first make sure no other RS3 game is on your box (HDD)
2. copy BA to your box, then change the folder name via ftp and add BLACK ARROW or whatever you want
3. now copy the other RS3 game to your box and both should work fine now

see, i learned this the hard way. apparently alot of the files within the folders of both games have the same names and extenstions. what i did was first copy RS3, and then i turned around a made a back up of Black Arrow. so, when i loaded my game, it gave me the original RS3 splash screen, but it was the Black Arrow dash (main menu). the game still played, but my sounds were all f'd up. i can only assume this is because the original RS3 game and Black Arrow game had the same folder name and file names and extensions. so, with me backing up my BA, some were overwritten.

hope this works for you!

FSG

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

Umm no usually just clear all cache including XYZ and you should be fine.

Digital Marine

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

If you havnt fixed it...

Delete E:\CACHE (or rename it to _CAHCE).
Delete everything in the X, Y, and Z partitions, those are another cashe areas.
Try using Avalaunch or UnleashX.  If you use EvolutionX, you may have to mess with the IGR and TSR.
You shouldn't have to patch the XBE more than 3 times...its pointless

If you still have problems, just drop a reply and someone can try helping, again.