xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Snipakilla! And Pgr2  (Read 927 times)

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Heykrop @ Sep 2 2004, 07:51 PM)
Lets just sufice it to say that, in order for Sniper or any others to race on LIVE with a modified car in PGR2 they first needed to HACK their xbox by using a method to circumvent the pretection schemes imposed by M$. Therfore by definition they are connecting to the live servers using HACKED content ie..  The text files that were on an encrypted/protected DVD and Console.  As such these files were NEVER intended to be modified by the end user and in such case are now deemed as compromised or hacked files.   With that being said. By the definition of the DMCA and US law they are in violation of these laws and can be deemed as hackers.  

End of Legal 101

Good Day!

Lol. Dude, you're mixing cracking and hacking.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (Penfoldian @ Sep 2 2004, 07:19 PM)
I dont claim it to be so, I understand that the topic of editing etc is a form of hacking and so forth whether its right or wrong its just how i percieve it to be.
Anyway you continue to avoid the main reason for my post, but hey I dont want you to anwser it anymore not that i wanted you to in the first place, but thanks for wasting your time and giving my some amusing posts.

P.S. "All that knowlege yet no wisdom or understanding of how to use it..." I pitty you.

Petty me all you want. Based on your second post here I petty you.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

There are six theories, but only two of them do I know will work. Using a dvd is included in several of the theories. But you're close to one of the methods I know will work, just one more "tiny" thing and you got it...

Penfoldian

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (DOS4GW @ Sep 2 2004, 10:25 PM)
Petty me all you want. Based on your second post here I petty you.

Are you angry? Upset ? Feeling picked on? laugh.gif

Listen mate, in the real world there are ignorant people and kind people who dont need to carry on the way you have. I asked and simple question, so what if the question may have seem dumb to you but to me it was not and thats were you crossed the line and became disrespectful to someone you dont know of which I'm sure you parents brought you up with a thing called "Commen Decency"

I pitty you because you know so much yet you look down on others for not knowing what you know. (By now your thinking "But I help Everyone on this forum...") True as that may seem but I'm a witness to the side of your ignorance of which I no longer wish to experience.

At the end of the day you choose to help and be a active member of this site, but dont let it get to your head... its only for fun why we this...hobbies...and stuff like that...you know...you be nice someone will be nice back.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

Naa, I'm not angry or upset. I'm just sick and tired of n00bs asking the same Q over and over and over again.

Be my guest and go "hack" your ini files.

chucky16

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

WOW! BOTH OF YOU! You guys can really go at it .... Um .... well thats my 2 cents ...

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

Hehehehehe

gcskate27

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

wink.gif

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

Heh. If people don't have wep enabled everyone is authorized to enter the network, then there is no hacking involved.

If they do have wep enabled, you CRACK the signature, once you're in, you've HACKED access to the network.

You can also HACK a website, and I'd call a person that calls Outlaws n00bs for a clueless person.

HACKING r00t at serves, gatering lists of shell accounts with users and passes is the most common HACKING today.

Have a peek in a nfo phile from some warez you've grabbed. Look a crew info, can you see any HACKERS? No. You've got 90% crackers and coders, the rest is testers...

gcskate27

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »

wink.gif

X2Gamer

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

wow this topic has become a topic on grammer and proper use of words. This is kinfd of pointless however to argue over how to properly use the word "hack". I tihnk DOS4GW has the right idea of what hacking means.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

hacker n.
[originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe] 1. A person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary. 2. One who programs enthusiastically (even obsessively) or who enjoys programming rather than just theorizing about programming. 3. A person capable of appreciating hack value. 4. A person who is good at programming quickly. 5. An expert at a particular program, or one who frequently does work using it or on it; as in `a Unix hacker'. (Definitions 1 through 5 are correlated, and people who fit them congregate.) 6. An expert or enthusiast of any kind. One might be an astronomy hacker, for example. 7. One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations. 8. [deprecated] A malicious meddler who tries to discover sensitive information by poking around. Hence `password hacker', `network hacker'. The correct term for this sense is cracker.

The term `hacker' also tends to connote membership in the global community defined by the net (see the network and Internet address). For discussion of some of the basics of this culture, see the http://www.tuxedo.or...cker-howto.html, How To Become A Hacker FAQ. It also implies that the person described is seen to subscribe to some version of the hacker ethic (see hacker ethic).

It is better to be described as a hacker by others than to describe oneself that way. Hackers consider themselves something of an elite (a meritocracy based on ability), though one to which new members are gladly welcome. There is thus a certain ego satisfaction to be had in identifying yourself as a hacker (but if you claim to be one and are not, you'll quickly be labeled bogus). See also wannabee.

This term seems to have been first adopted as a badge in the 1960s by the hacker culture surrounding TMRC and the MIT AI Lab. We have a report that it was used in a sense close to this entry's by teenage radio hams and electronics tinkerers in the mid-1950s.

so yes, editing files, though easy, is also hacking...

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

Yes, I've got r00t at my server. Heh. If you call editing your inis hacking, good luck......... Let me know if you need my ip, if you want to nmap / nc me. I'll pm it. However, if you dos / ddos me whit over one gigabit I'll make a living hell. Check www.packetme.com, if you touch that dns I'll chuff 12 gigabits up your ass, and when I'm done with that I'll slice you to hell and back.

So go "hack" your inis n00b.

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (X2Gamer @ Sep 3 2004, 11:47 PM)
wow this topic has become a topic on grammer and proper use of words. This is kinfd of pointless however to argue over how to properly use the word "hack". I tihnk DOS4GW has the right idea of what hacking means.

Finaly..

gcskate27

• Archived User
Snipakilla! And Pgr2
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2004, 09:50:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

well have fun script kiddie...  beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5