xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fixed 3 Rrod Now Get Black Screen With Green Verticle Lines?  (Read 57 times)

-=$LY=-

• Archived User
Fixed 3 Rrod Now Get Black Screen With Green Verticle Lines?
« on: September 08, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »

I tried to fixed one of my old 2005 xbox 360's that has rrod, i figured what the hell its way out of warrenty, so i removed the x clamps removed heatsinks cleaned and added arctic silver i had lying around from recent pc build, fitted M5 bolts with 2 washer spacing either side of mobo to both GPU and CPU booted her up and she worked first time

Only problem is after anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes thes a click from the speakers and screen goes black with verticle green lines, xbox is still on with green light, i reboot it and it boots up again and does the same thing, 2 out of 8 times rrod comes back with error code 0020.

Any ideas?

-=$LY=-

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »

Ok i seem to have it sorted, i loosened the screws and removed it from the chassis for testing i have it on my desk now out of the case and chassis and its working fine, im guessing maby the mobo is getting twisted when i put it all back together, how can i stop this?

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 11:21:00 PM »

If you have used bolts+washers underneath the board maybe you should remove one washer and try to fit it again inside. Also don't tight up the MS screws lots on the mainboard. Keep them little loose. A pic of your x-clamp fix would help us of course.