xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: List Of Mods That Worked For Me  (Read 185 times)

Lepain

• Archived User
List Of Mods That Worked For Me
« on: November 04, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »

Just in case anyone wants to check what will work, this is the list of mods that I have merged with the 3 PC esms; Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon. All of the Meshes and textures have been run through TESMXC.

BetterHeads (on top of the Astarsis Replace Packs)
RealsignPosts
Astarsis Dark Elf Beauties AddOnly
Astarsis High Elf Beauties AddOnly
Koranas Playable Faces
Dunmer Rogues
Emmas Dark Elf Heads
Make-up and Tatoos
Emmas Wood Elf Heads
Koranas Elven Hairs
KP Muti-Race Pack
Rogues Face Pack 2
Emmas Breton Heads
Emmas High Elf Heads
Emmas Imperial Heads
Emmas Redguard Heads
Qarls Hot Girls II
Astarsis Dark Elf Heroes
Astarsis Bearded Nords
Astarsis Basic Replace
Astarsis High Elf Heroes
Carnithus Armor
Leiawens Dual Wield
Deadite Race
Xanandorfs Robes
Telvanni Robe
Ranger Robe
Robe Collection and Fix
Carnithus Demonbone Armor
Defensive Staves
IG Weaponpack
No-Glo
Sir Luthers Tools
Herbalism 1.1
Skeletal Mannequinns
Carnithus Daedric Armor

I'd like to hear about anyone elses mods that they got working, I know that I have had problems with Carnithus' Armentarium, Book Rotate and Azriel the Merchant.

The Armentarium crashes when I try to go upstairs and when I buy and item and try to look at myself. Book Rotate needs a little tweeking of the script so that it gives you a messagebox asking what angle you want to set down at (that may fix it). Just tested the last one one but Azriel the Merchants Icons were f'd up. I was think it may be from the DDS format that they are in. I may be able to photoshop them into tga format (maybe that will fix it, maybe not)

What mods has everyone else tried out? Anyone found any mods that work flawlessly or other mods that I should stay away from?

This post has been edited by Lepain: Nov 5 2004, 02:31 AM

Don Quixote

• Archived User
List Of Mods That Worked For Me
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

I've added a whole passel of stuff, and it all sort works- sort of.  Mostly, I think the problem is I have too much going on, rather than any specific mod not working, except one.  I think that was called Balmora Expansion- it was just released in September, and it rolled a whole bunch of Balmora enhancements together into one mod- when I'd get in the vicinity of the town, it'd crash (I assume it was just too much to load).

The things I've installed have mostly been game-affecting or quests rather than cosmetic enhancements.  From memory, here's the list that I have going right  now:

Better Bodies 2.0

Better Heads.

Better Aragonian Heads.

Cloak Collection- adds cloaks and hoods, plus magic cloaks and quests to get them

Dodge Mod 1.2 (scripting)- adds a Sanctuary bonus depending on your unarmored skill and armor worn.  Makes armor-less characters viable.

TLM (The Lighting Mod) (Heavy scripting)- this changes the way the light works in the entire game.  It changes the lighting values everywhere, making light sources brighter, and ambient light lower indoors (and at night).  Adds sneak bonuses and penalties based on the light you're in (big penalties for carrying a torch or lantern, frex.), and a 'sneak eye' skill that gives you a Night Eye effect while sneaking (the effect is based on your sneak skill level).  All in all really cool, but I think the scripting is part of why the game is crashing.

Wakim's Game Improvements Modular 9-pack(massive rebalancing of everything in the game- I use them all except the NPC Spellcasting one)

Lara Craft (Bretonian Girlfriend- Companion mod)
Witchgirl (Bisexual? Wiccan Girlfriend - Companion) - I just added these to see if they would work as intended.  They do AFAIKT, but I haven't done too much with them yet. ;)

Illuminated Order- a pretty big storyline that, among other things, could let you become a Lich!

Suran Underworld - another pretty big storyline that lets you play a badass doing missions for the Mob, GTA-style.

Less Generic NPC Project (several) - These replace the NPCs in Syeda Neen, Gnaar Mok, Ald Veloth, Khuul, and Maar Gan with slightly more interesting people.  Nothing major, one or two small quests in each town- they just help with having every NPC in the game saying exactly the same thing.

I'm sure there are a few more, but that's the meat.  This all runs flawlessly, except that the game gives me the dreaded DDE when I play too long/ travel to too many areas in a short time.  It seems to me that it's all just taking too much space in memory/not cleaning older stuff out often enough.  I wish there was a way I could force it to cache that stuff more often.  :(