xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modding This Goddammed Game  (Read 373 times)

sc_wolf

• Archived User
Modding This Goddammed Game
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (lhb12778 @ Dec 2 2004, 10:06 AM)
Ok, now i'm retarded...what "Merge To Masters" button?  My tesconstruction set has no such button...help.

If you don't have a Merge To Masters option in your Construction set, the likely cause is that you didn't get the required morrowind.ini changes right.

And since I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, always make a backup copy of any .ini before you edit it. Always.

Specifically, make sure that you double check this step from Hopeful's Howto:
QUOTE (Hopeful @ Oct 5 2004, 03:20 AM)
Then search for the line "WhoCanMerge". If it doesn't exist in your .ini file put it 3 spaces below the "Open Preview" line. (I don't know if spaces affect anything here. Put a space under the YourUserName=1 line too.) Where it says "YourUserName" I mean that what goes there is whatever the name is that you log on to your computer with. (there are no spaces at all in this unless your user name has spaces.)

[WhoCanMerge]
YourUserName=1

One thing you can check, there should be a file called ProgramFlow.txt in your Morrowind Directory. In that textfile is a line that says "Computer name", and the name that appears there is what needs to go before the "=1" under the "[WhoCanMerge]" in the morrowind.ini.

Once you've done this, you will have a "Merge to Masters" button in your Data Files window.

Gary_Fukin_Dunse

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

Alrighty....I am very new to modding cause my sis's bf game me a modded xbox...so here what I have..

Xbox Morrowind GOTY
Flashfxp all set up

i have goty saved onto my hd and i've been puzzled by this whole mod thing...

now is it the ONLY way to get ANY mods if by purchasing the goty for pc?

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gary_Fukin_Dunse @ Feb 5 2005, 10:16 PM)
Alrighty....I am very new to modding cause my sis's bf game me a modded xbox...so here what I have..

Lepain

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »

Hey Darth, There are 2 good tutorials here if you want to pin them or reprint them.
Pages: 1 [2]