xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Noob Question, The How And Wheres  (Read 226 times)

MagicCheese

• Archived User
Noob Question, The How And Wheres
« on: August 19, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

I was just wondering, and before I start steping on toes if this is in the wrong place or agenst the rules I am sorry and will gladly remove this, but where does one aquire hacks for morowind, (non goty) after trying xbins and evox hacks I am coming up sorta dry on all the ones I have read about on this fourm, but once I aquire the file how do i use it, sorry again if there is a tut on this I must have missed it because I did look but did not find what i was looking for.

Thank you
   Cheese :blink:

hammy_69

• Archived User
Noob Question, The How And Wheres
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »

a little confused you are.

hacks no, there are none, what you hear about, are mods.  Mods are very Legal, and are even created by using the tool set that comes with the game (PC).  Just google, Morrowind Mods, and you shall see.  The mods themselves will be a .esp file, but may also have textures, icons, or models that are packaged with the file.  You'll need all of them, just place them in cache directory(x,y,z) along side Morrowind.esm.  Be sure to keep the directory structure the same as came with the mod.  That's the simple answer, there are more complex ways of modding, to keep the mods permenantly or resolve dialogue problems, but you'll need to read these forums a little bit better to find that answer.