xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cygnos360 News Update and Guides  (Read 405 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
Cygnos360 News Update and Guides
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(crocoplhk @ Jan 15 2009, 01:44 AM) View Post

does it allow for booting backup copies? or is that still dependant on flashing the drive?

did you read what it said?

NOTE: Cygnos360 does not contain any kernel image! It is shipped empty! Cygnos360 does NOT enable "backups" it is NOT for the DVD drive. You need to have an infectus programmer or another programmer to flash the Cygnos360.

Caddenmods

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »

Personally I think this is pointless.

For a normal person installing an infectus 2 and using the timing attack to downgrade the kernal and then to obtain your CPU key is going to be too difficult.

I don't see how it is going to be useful to anyone.  The idea is good but I think we need a combined solution with the features of both the infectus 2 and timing attack PCB and this device and it needs to be simple to install.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Caddenmods @ Jan 16 2009, 12:50 PM) View Post

I don't see how it is going to be useful to anyone.  The idea is good but I think we need a combined solution with the features of both the infectus 2 and timing attack PCB and this device and it needs to be simple to install.

even at that, the timing attack is only possible on a handful of systems, and those systems are the ones prone to failure. the number of vulnerable machines at this point is relatively small.

xboxjason

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jan 16 2009, 10:26 PM) View Post

even at that, the timing attack is only possible on a handful of systems, and those systems are the ones prone to failure. the number of vulnerable machines at this point is relatively small.

My launch console is still going strong. It RRoD on me over a year ago, but my x-clamp fix and fan port divider have kept it running great ever since. It's seen more hours of play after the x-clamp fix than before.

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »

Wow, the Dreamcast and then the Xbox really spoiled most of the scene members didn't it?  The xbox was probabley the last machine that will offer a true plethora of hombrew functionality - most people don't realize just how fortunate it was to have the xbox so exploitable.  There really wasn't half as much hombrew available for either the Gamecube or the PS2 because its resources weren't as accessible - each and every console manufacturer learned from the mistakes that Sega and MS made with their consoles and implemented protections against those - they won't make the same mistakes again, and consequently, we will probabley never have that level of freedom with another console - so for the people complaining about "REAL" modchips, use a PC if you want "REAL" homebrew...   sleeping.gif  wink.gif

OldBomb

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

Well, shit. Its something!

Pages: 1 [2]