xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3rrod On A New Xbox Without A Design Flaw?  (Read 49 times)

deathrow721

• Archived User
3rrod On A New Xbox Without A Design Flaw?
« on: February 03, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »

So i had an old xbox a long time ago that died on me(purchased brand new by me at store). So since i voided it looking at the inside i went to the store to buy another xbox. It couldn't have been more then 8-9months ago, and i voided it to. I didnt mod iether of them in any way or really do anything that would damage it. I also have been reading online about how the 3rrod is because of the design flaw on the mother board with the x clamps. When i opened my xbox i could see that it was very different then my first one being very confident that it would never get the 3rrod. but it did

Here are my questions.

How the hell did my 2nd xbox(without the design flaw) die?

I have opened my xbox's a long time ago and cant remember exactly what was different on the insides but will i be able to fix it too with one of the tutorials online. Or will i only be able to fix my first xbox that actually has the design flaw?

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »

no 360 is safe from 3rrod the extra heat sink on the gpu helps and also the 175watt falcons help but none completely remove heat issues

using the xclamp fix should get the box back up and running better if u dont fancy running around b&q looking for the right bolts washers then you can buy a xclamp fix kit on ebay for £5.

when doing the fix youtube videos say to overheat the 360 2 red lights this works but doesnt get the solder joints hot enuff for a good reflow if you can use a heat gun

also use good paste arctic silver 5 is great  

deathrow721

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:50:00 PM »

yea i was going to get it on ebay...because i new i would never find all that stuff at the store. So i should be able to fix both xbox's. correct?

and whats the whole deal with the new design? Im guessing im still vulnerable to get the the 3rrod but the chances are very very slim. Could the culprit be the fact that it has been very hot in my room the past few days even though i have not turned it on for more then 5min yesterday and barely was playing in the past few days.

If i manage to fix 1 or even both of my xbox's do you think i should go ahead and install the whisper fan upgrade even though i keep my xbox's clear of objects, and on top of my dresser.... as apposed to in a cabinet.

and im still not gettin this 100%. If microsoft took the x clamp design flaw out then how could an "x clamp fix tutorial" work on my new xbox.

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(deathrow721 @ Sep 19 2008, 02:50 AM) *

and whats the whole deal with the new design? Im guessing im still vulnerable to get the the 3rrod but the chances are very very slim. Could the culprit be the fact that it has been very hot in my room the past few days even though i have not turned it on for more then 5min yesterday and barely was playing in the past few days.

Here you go -> http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=655662