xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rumor: Xbox to Unveil Accessory 'Lips' Tomorrow  (Read 118 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Rumor: Xbox to Unveil Accessory 'Lips' Tomorrow
« on: May 12, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

Rumor: Xbox to Unveil Accessory 'Lips' Tomorrow
Posted by XanTium | May 12 17:34 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From 8bitjoystick.com:

A couple months ago I got a hold of a treasure trove of information straight from the internal working of the engineering team at Xbox.

Joystiq has a post up about how the dudes over at NeoGaf have found that Microsoft is scheduled to show off something called Lips tomorrow. Now that matches up with the reports that I've seen on the accessories development report coming out of the hardware team at Xbox.

* Lips : I really don't know too much about what it is going to be. I suspect that it is going to be a voice communication device and possible voice recognition in games.
Update: Or it might be a microphone for a singing game like Rockband, Karaoke Revolution and Singstar. I do know that Lips is a separate accessory project from the "Newton" wand.

* Newton : Newton is the Wiimote clone flying mouse that is going to bring the waggle willies to the Xbox.

* Radon iv : We don't know to much about it but I suspect that it is a cost cutting engineering revision to the Xbox wireless controller. So there might be a price cut coming for the wireless game pad once this is out. The "iv" part sounds like a cost cutting revision.

Full Story: 8bitjoystick.com