xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Green Screen Of Death?  (Read 128 times)

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
Xbox Green Screen Of Death?
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »

This sounds like a problem with the ana-chip otherwise you would get weird artifacts and stuff, so dont be surprised if your 360 shows E74 soon...
Here is a fix that I used to fix 2 xboxes and they are still running http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=646900
Remember that you can also let microsoft repair it if you are still under warranty but as you are not getting an errorcode they will charge you

PS: the video isnt working as you posted the embedded code only post the url next time.

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cayoss89 @ May 9 2008, 09:57 AM) View Post

THanks, but i've already done this. its alot easyer if you just let it overheat too- put a index card in the slot between the CPU heatsync and the fan shroud, the gpu stays extra cool, and the solder remelts on the CPU dies  wink.gif  But anyways you think its the ana eh? I'd say not, i ran halo3 perfect, i think it has something to do with GTA 's graphics overloading something, if i go back to the dash (in-game) let it sit 20-30 sec and go back to the game it works for another 10 minutes. Knowing this got any more ideas? Sorry about the code problem here's the link:

THE LINK

Ye you are right, then it doesnt have to do with the ANA-chip, I thought the green screen was persistent
However there is still a little chance that it is the connection to the ANA-chip as GTAIV makes the GPU run a lot hotter than other games...
When you go back to dashboard the temperature drops by a few degrees.
It is more likely a software problem though I guess, does it always happen at a certain point in the game?
Does your dvd-drive make strange noises or so?
The best thing would be if you could actually post a working link to the video because even the direct link isnt working...

jimwross

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cayoss89 @ May 9 2008, 02:57 AM) View Post

THanks, but i've already done this. its alot easyer if you just let it overheat too- put a index card in the slot between the CPU heatsync and the fan shroud, the gpu stays extra cool, and the solder remelts on the CPU dies  wink.gif  But anyways you think its the ana eh? I'd say not, i ran halo3 perfect, i think it has something to do with GTA 's graphics overloading something, if i go back to the dash (in-game) let it sit 20-30 sec and go back to the game it works for another 10 minutes. Knowing this got any more ideas? Sorry about the code problem here's the link:

THE LINK

Making the box overheat will not get the solder to the heating point it needs to be...