xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Internal Battery Mod  (Read 782 times)

RDC

• Archived User
Help With Internal Battery Mod
« on: October 16, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »

That is a Li-Ion battery charger and should not be used on those batteries. The batteries in the original pack are Ni-MH, so you need a charger that will work on that type, and is made for charging 2 cells in series. They are also only 2100mAh for both as they are in series. They would have to be in parallel to be 4200mAh.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 06:58:00 PM »

That's six of one, half dozen of the other, it really doesn't make any difference at all there as they're both batteries to power the thing. You're not going to get as much run time form the Li-Ion, but it will be easier to mount as they come in all manner of size. Likewise the AA batteries will be a pain to stuff in there and you'll lose the Rumble motors for sure, but the run time will be the same or better with them missing. It's really up to you on that one since it's your controller.

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »

This mod has been attempted before, there is even a controller mod store that sells pre-made internal battery controller for the 360 with lipo battery pack.

All PS 3 controller use and run lipo battery and can charge them. So you can attempt to do this. I personally has always wanted to do this and from what I do know you need two things

1. PS 3 lipo battery pack (ebay sells them cheap, if you have a 3rd party knock off of the ps3 controller they also has a mini lipo pack) LINK

2. Lipo mini recharge board with mini usb port LINK

As I said this has been tempted but no one ever said if it worked or not. Seen few mods with this being done not sure why not everyone is doing it. This is basically all you need. Not sure if you have to retrofit the controller and eliminate some connection parts off the board or not.

Here is a quick video of how someone did the mod using a standard rechargeable battery pack for the xbox 360 controller.