xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Solder A Usb Cable To My C2 Circuit Board For Use With Pc?  (Read 725 times)

RDC

• Archived User

No. The only data that's transmitted over those lines are to tell the 360 to shut down when the battery is fully charged.

This has been asked on here before a few times, so I'm curious, can you explain why you'd want to turn a wireless controller into a wired one when there already are wired ones?

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Can I Solder A Usb Cable To My C2 Circuit Board For Use With Pc?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 12:57:00 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong. A simple Play and Charge Kit wire that connects to the top of a wireless controller will make it a Wired controller on the PC.  You don't even need the battery pack in.

You can pink up a P&C wire (china knockoff) for like $4 shipped from china.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 01:22:00 AM »

Maybe it does there, but here on W7 x64 it only shows up in the Unspecified devices as Wireless Via Play & Charge kit (drivers are installed) but it's not usable as a controller. I use the Wireless PC Receiver here and have never had an issue with it though.

TimelessNL

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 06:00:00 AM »

This same thing also happens on Windows 8 x64. So its not Windows 7 related. It could be the changed NT core since windows XP but actually I have no proof for that.

There is also another solution to wire an RF module to USB and 3.3v and sync the controller. There are tutorials all over the net.