xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Did I Screw Up My Wire Connections For 12v + Gnd (soldering)  (Read 146 times)

HyeVltg3

• Archived User
Did I Screw Up My Wire Connections For 12v + Gnd (soldering)
« on: March 27, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »

Im currently just setting up 12v + GND wires to use for UV Cathodes, waterpump and 120mm fan.

Soldering and watercooling for the first time here, so work with me on this one. okay.

I'm using the 12v connections under the power supply connector, and as per many images I have red wires attached to 4,5 & 6 and Black wires attached to grounds 2,9 & 10.

I need to connect a fan (3 pin) pump (3pin) and cathode most likely just need a 12v and GND (have no clue didnt do my homework on it...Im horrible at planning)

I've already hot-glued it all in my excitement of doing it all for the first time. I powered up the 360 and tested the Leads, the Fan header works, powers my 120mm. just I seem to have messed up and used the FEMALE ends of Molex connectors,  So now my plan is to remove the molex female header and attach the red+black to another fan male header and the 3rd set of Red+black for lighting (12v red + GND black).
Will this work ?

and usually theres a yellow wire (3rd wire) on fan headers, Im assuming this is the RPM, does it matter that this doesnt plug/get power from anything?

Also my tiny pump has a blue wire...which I completely didn't realize because I wasn't planning on testing it dry as my loop isn't set-up yet. definitely don't want to burnout a $50 pump. does the blue wire matter?