xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jungleflasher And Dosflash Cant See Drive!  (Read 864 times)

JadeFox

• Archived User
Jungleflasher And Dosflash Cant See Drive!
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »

Hi all,

Its been years since ive had to flash a drive so im a bit behind, I have a liteon 83850c and WAS able to get the original firmware from it, I still have it and the LT extreme FW. I do not need help reading, I don't have a CK3 probe and I don't think I need one. I have the latest Xbox FW and I'm a using Xecuter Blaster CK3. (Win 7 64)

I'm having ALOT of trouble getting my VIA card to see my xbox drive!! I have successfully installed the portio64.sys drivers but jungleflasher and dosflash (64 and 32) just cannot see the drive.

I really don't know what more I can do to make the drive appear, all I want to do is flash, NOT read. What can I do?

Update: I used a different port on the VIA card and it now sees it!!!
Jungleflasher did however crash when writing and now I can no longer see the drive again, ive tried Liteon erase but nothing happens.

Help!

This post has been edited by JadeFox: Sep 12 2013, 11:30 PM

zak7

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 05:00:00 PM »

Everything i've read states that these days the 6421 VIA cards that we used back in the day don't really jive that well with 64bit windows 7, and 32bit is pretty iffy as well. I'm not sure if thats just some of the VIA cards, or all of them though...I remember I had onboard VIA sata controller on my motherboard when i first started using JF and modding the 360's, and it worked great on XP, but i could never get JF working on 7, but then again the chipset on my motherboard didnt really work at all right on 7...

Sadly on VIA's website they dont offer much help either, stating this...

VIA chips

Driver status for Windows 7

VT8261, VX900, VX900M   
Please use the VIA StorX driver for IDE and SATA and the VIA StorX RAID Windows Software Package for RAID support.

VT8237, VT8237R, VT8237R Plus, VT8237S, VT8237A, VT8251, CX700/VX700, VX800(UT)/VX820(UT), VT6420, VT6421, VT6421/A   
Support for IDE, SATA and RAID are included in Windows 7.
No driver updates are currently available.

Installing the latest V-RAID driver will update the RAID utility only and not the driver.

VT6410   
This chip is not supported under Windows 7.

I ended up buying a X360USB Pro...well worth the money (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

dougiegillam

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 07:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(JadeFox @ Sep 12 2013, 10:59 PM) View Post

Hi all,

Its been years since ive had to flash a drive so im a bit behind, I have a liteon 83850c and WAS able to get the original firmware from it, I still have it and the LT extreme FW. I do not need help reading, I don't have a CK3 probe and I don't think I need one. I have the latest Xbox FW and I'm a using Xecuter Blaster CK3. (Win 7 64)

I'm having ALOT of trouble getting my VIA card to see my xbox drive!! I have successfully installed the portio64.sys drivers but jungleflasher and dosflash (64 and 32) just cannot see the drive.

I really don't know what more I can do to make the drive appear, all I want to do is flash, NOT read. What can I do?

Update: I used a different port on the VIA card and it now sees it!!!
Jungleflasher did however crash when writing and now I can no longer see the drive again, ive tried Liteon erase but nothing happens.

Help!

Try this, Power on your drive press eject then close the tray to half open then power off/on again to see if jungleflasher now sees it.