xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Xbox Old Drive  (Read 285 times)

topspot

• Archived User
New Xbox Old Drive
« on: June 14, 2013, 03:22:00 AM »

Hi,

I recently had my xenon w/samsung rrod and picked up a jasper w/liteon to replace it. I already flashed the liteon and it works perfectly but I have a whole library of backups without ap25 that I cant use anymore. So my question is can I use my old samsung drive in my new xbox without being flagged/banned?

I have keys and original firmwares for both consoles/drives. I made a CFW (samsung 2.01) with the new liteon key injected but not spoofed so the OSIG still reads as a samsung MS28 since spoofing no longer works. I havent flashed it yet since Im not sure about it working. I also read that after one of the recent updates the OSIG doesnt get checked anymore or something so if someone can clarify that for me it would be great. Any extra insight and/or information is welcomed.

thanks,
topspot

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
New Xbox Old Drive
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »

If only it was that easy.

Your xbox knows that it should have a drive in it that supports ap2.5 so installing a drive that does not support it will not make your games work.

It is true the osig isn't being checked but still your machine expects ap2.5 responses.

But if you don't care about xbox live you could do the RGH and then remove the ap2.5 check plus unlock homebrew.

topspot

• Archived User
New Xbox Old Drive
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 11:22:00 PM »

oh well guess I gotta reburn em when I wanna play em. thanks for the reply