xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is An Ihas Drive Still Needed For Xdg3 Games?  (Read 161 times)

jayquik03

• Archived User
Is An Ihas Drive Still Needed For Xdg3 Games?
« on: April 11, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »

I have read a few places that you can use burner-max with drives that aren't Ihas. So I tried using my drive and it loads up with burner-max enabling the extra space on the dvd-dl without a problem. My problem is my Liteon drive reading my backups. I've been away for a while (2 years) and I have a few backups that I tried after flashing my drive today and those work fine fallout 3 being one of them. Then I tried my backup of Bioshock Infinite and I get a dirty disc error. When hitting X or Y on the dashboard (can't remember which it is) to see game info it just flashes like it's going to show me the info and goes right back to the dash after a second or 2. When the game is in the drive it shows play game but then I get the dirty disc error and kicked back to dash.
     I've been reading alot today and I ran the backup through ABGX everything checks out OK. Burn the backup at 4x (also tried 2.4x) and used Kprobe2 to check the disc after burning. The first disc was terrible media (Memorex) But I thought I would try it because my older backups worked fine on this drive and they were all memorex. That failed really bad in kprobe2. Then I used my verbitim mkm-001 and that had what I believed to be an ok reading. I don't have the log but it was something like.
Errors: 0
PI Max: 24
PI Average: 2
PIF Max: 8
PIF Average .17

These aren't exact but I remember that the only thing that looked above average was the PIF Max @ 8. Going but this information.

PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less

If anyone could help me out I just don't know what to do. Reading all the guides I can find on this at least I believe I have.