xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Been Out Of The 360 Modding Scene For A While, Ltu Question.  (Read 330 times)

PhyChris

• Archived User
Been Out Of The 360 Modding Scene For A While, Ltu Question.
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:48:00 AM »

yes there is on some that i know of. what drive do you have?

lettuce

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

Not 100% sure as I have not opened up the 360 yet, it is a corona v1, date 27/08/2011 if that can identify the drive?

Phunt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »

I'm currently looking into doing this myself at the moment and its all very confusing. I think with the manufscture date you have yournot going to be lucky enough to have the older liteon drive that is hackable without replacing the pcb so your going to have one of 2 drives, the Hitachi out the liteon 1175 onwards i think. either way your going to have to rgh the console rgh the the console to get the info you need to make your ltu firmware and if you have the hitachi you will also need a donor liteon  dri ve because the pcb won't fit in a hitachi. Hotter this helps a bit.

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »

its dead simple!! dunno how you cant understand it!!

if you have a liteon dg-164S fw rev 9504, 0225, 272 etc = you need TX PCB rev 1.0 or 1.1 or team matrix freedom pcb. Dump drive using x360usb pro and Jungleflasher and flash LT3.0. EASY.

if you have hitachi or newer liteon dg-165S = you need new TX unlocked PCB for LTU. You need to RGH the console to obtain the CPU key and then you can decrypt DVD key from NAND dump, then bulid a LTU 1 image.

for a hitachi drive you will also need a liteon chassis complete with spindle and worm gear as the LTU PCB wont fit into or work with a hitachi chassis, drive spindle or worm gear.

summarise LTU is only for the hitachi drives and brand new liteons, if you have an older liteon you need the older PCB's. PAY ATTENTION TO THE DRIVE TYPE!!

oh and btw  with that manufacturer date you will most likely have an older liteon or if your unlucky, a hitachi.

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »

agreed!

the kamikaze hack is not for the faint hearted though and if you have to come on here to ask relatively simple questions regarding flashing, its well out of your scope IMHO hence why i didnt mention it.

also MXIC chipsets are rare in my experience ive only came acros 3 out of 50+ pcbs ive done.

and with a hitachi or new liteon you have to RGH the system to decrypth the key so you may as well elave it in and tick in a DemoN and dual NAND it as removing all the RFGH install is a waste.

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 06:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(boneym @ Mar 10 2013, 08:50 PM) View Post

you can still use LTU pcb for older slim liteons like 0225/0401 and 1071
but you need to follow the same method as hitachi 0500 and later slim liteons
rgh is required and j-runner to create ltu fw.

that is incorrect!!

if you wish to use the LTU pcb on an older 0225/0401/1071 drive, RGH is NOT REQUIRED.

those drives can be read using slimkey in JF with 360usbpro to get the dvd key, which is all you need for LTU.

open JF, load LTU for drive type and then spoof your key in and flash to drive, simple.

rgh method of getting dvd key is for dead drives and hitachi and new liteons only!!

if your going to give out advice make sure your correct!!

boneym

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 04:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Mar 26 2013, 12:07 PM) View Post

that is incorrect!!

if you wish to use the LTU pcb on an older 0225/0401/1071 drive, RGH is NOT REQUIRED.

those drives can be read using slimkey in JF with 360usbpro to get the dvd key, which is all you need for LTU.

open JF, load LTU for drive type and then spoof your key in and flash to drive, simple.

rgh method of getting dvd key is for dead drives and hitachi and new liteons only!!

if your going to give out advice make sure your correct!!

That advice given IS correct,
the method you describe will NOT create a working LTU fw,
in fact it may render the LTU pcb useless as LTU pcb requires working LTU on the pcb
for the 0800 disc to vendor mode , hence the reason pcbs come with a blank LTU
FW already installed.
To create a working LTU fw for a 0225/0401/1071 you need to use jrunner ver 286 or higher
and rgh, creating two files c-r.bin and key.bin,
jungleflasher using theses files then can create the LTU fw that will work in the LTU pcb,
I have helped many noobs that have created fw just the way you have stated and screwed up their
LTU pcb's, so .....
If you want to be a smart arse, make sure you are smart and not just an arse,
Apologies accepted in advance.