xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "open Tray" Error After Flashing 9504 - Unrelated?  (Read 106 times)

Ree_81

• Archived User
"open Tray" Error After Flashing 9504 - Unrelated?
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »

A customer got an open tray error after I finished flashing his drive. I've googled the problem for hours, and it seems the open tray error might be unrelated to the actual flashing process.

The flash went okay. Everything checks out in JF. It just won't read discs at all, not even originals.

Anyway, has anyone else encountered this problem in relation to flashing it and is it possible that it might be a FW problem? If not, got any clues on how to try and fix it?

I feel bad for the customer though. I'm always very careful in handling other peoples hardware, but it seems some 9504 drives are just too damn sensitive.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Dark Mod

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »

it's a fault in the logic board....cause if you get a next drive (exact 9504 drive assembly) and used the modded driveboard in it, for some strange reason it do the same thing.

Ree_81

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »

Can someone translate that into english? Thanks.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »

if you didnt disconect the laser before flashing the drive then there is a good chance you have fried his laser when the drive was erased, always disconect the laser before any flashing/erasing stops this error.

This post has been edited by 360360: Apr 11 2011, 10:27 AM

Babilozzo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 04:18:00 AM »

I do read/write on my first 9504 with great success,I never need to disconnect lens laser ribbon... but for first thing do it , put half open dvd drive tray, and of course used external power from xecuter dvd power... gnaaaaaa  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  looool  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ree_81

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »

Got it working again! No clue as to what might've been the error as I tried 2 things at once.

I tried reconnecting the SATA cable, and I tried opening the DVD up and moving the laser to the middle (of the rail there).

After I did that it worked perfectly.

Now if I could only fix the eject button malfunction on my own Slim.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

alanewake

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »

Hello I never had de disconnect somethings from the PCB before the flash & it always went very well..the first time I did-it I got the open drive error...so for me it's better to don't do that...

Ree_81 Tray to read a CD audio into your drive...once you see reading eject the disk...than put an original DVD vidéo..once you see reading, eject the disk..now put a 360 original game & let the drive read it...it may be help you...I did-it once with a liteon FAT 74850c & it works perfect for me.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)