xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Liteon 93450c Dump.  (Read 24 times)

spookyman166

• Archived User
Help With Liteon 93450c Dump.
« on: February 03, 2020, 03:00:00 AM »

hey there.

I have a liteon 93450C which i am trying to dump. I have DIYGADGETS probe and CK. Ive made all the MRA cuts and checked the cuts with a multi meter and its all fine.

I have read basically every topic on this fourm about error 0x52 in DOSflash, jungleflash and Iprep. I have tried it before and have been going at it for days now and i still cant do it.

Here is what happens:

With both probes on the board ( the gnd to resistor and the 3.3V probe) I get 0xD2 (also 0xD1 sometimes) when i turn it on and off with both probes i still get 0xD2 ( or 0xD1 sometimes) but when i turn off the CK and just place the 3.3V probe and then turn on i get 0x52 and sometimes when i touch the GND with the resistor it turns back to 0xD2 (and sometimes 0xD1)

If i turn off CK and put black probe, turn on CK and put 3.3V probe it give 0xD2.

Im really confused. I have redone all the soldering (i used the safe method) I have made sure that no solder is on GND. Ive checked to see that all the track are isolated from ground with a multi meter. I have checked my cuts with multimeter. I have checked my probes with a multi meter. And then some.

I have tried the following resistors: 16,18,20,22 ohm. None worked. I have verified that my VIA drivers are not installed and that jungle flasher works. (i flashed a benq drive) I have checked and checked and checked MRA, diygadgets and Boxxers guides and have not nudged this off.

Basically i dont know what to do. Can someone please help.

The drive i have been talking about is a Liteon 93450C A0A2 (or something like that) made in September 2009. I know its dumpable but im really stuck. I would appreciate any and all help.

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:54:00 AM »

by safe method, i take it u made 3 cuts.  if so, did u solder in a jumper wire to continue the trace going across the top of via 101?

Buzzcut

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 10:03:00 AM »

i.e. should look like this with the Red and black holes the one's you're probing.

spookyman166

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 04:28:00 PM »

Hey guys, I fixed it. Got the key.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Here is where i went wrong:

I had plugged the Sata cable into the side port of my VIA card when i should of had the cable on the front port of my card. lOl Careless mistake but i did not notice it because it flashed BENQ drives no problem. Oh well. Thats for your input guys. and remember;

USE THE FRONT PORT OF THE VIA PCI Card (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

oh and i got the key with a 20ohm resistor, just too add to the awesomeness and versatility of the all mighty 20ohm resistor which seems to be the pull down resistor of choice among modders.

This post has been edited by spookyman166: Today, 12:30 AM