xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashed Benq Drive, Now No Backups Will Play At All  (Read 193 times)

patricksull

• Archived User
Flashed Benq Drive, Now No Backups Will Play At All
« on: December 02, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »

Everything played fine, threw in Modern Warfare 2, received manual update via disc.  Now, halo 3 backup won'
t play, so did some reading and found out that the update is looking at drive speed, and that I probably needed to update to xtreme  1.61  So, I acquired that from xbins, and flashed my benq drive.  Everything went smooth.  Tried to play any game, and none of them will play, not even originals.  So, I repeated my steps, still nothing, so I tried to flash 1.51 (the release before the current firmware), and still nothing plays.  What have I missed?

patricksull

• Archived User
Flashed Benq Drive, Now No Backups Will Play At All
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »

Like Ranger72 said, you must make sure the keys match.  I apparently did not.  So, I tried to read my drive and autoload xtreme firmware again, but the keys still didn't match.  So instead, I went to firmware tool tab and used my original bin (that I saved back in the day) and used that as my source, then used xtreme firmware as my target, then hit manual spoof, and saved the file.  Then I went directly to the MTK flash tab and simply hit "write".  Jungleflasher then wrote the file that I just created to my drive, and everything works beautifully.  Hope that helps xboxerx!!!

Thanks guys for the help!

This post has been edited by patricksull: Dec 6 2009, 06:25 AM