xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So You've Dumped Your Liteon 83v2 Or 93, Now How 2 Make Ixtreme?  (Read 559 times)

bissquitt

• Archived User
So You've Dumped Your Liteon 83v2 Or 93, Now How 2 Make Ixtreme?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »

I am having issues flashing the firmware back to the drive. I patched up the traces and put the drive back together. I try to load it up in dosflash but all I am getting is 0x52. Used liteon erase, and when im trying to write it, it just says no known flashchip on this port.

colt45joe

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »

hi, i have a lite-on 93450c drive. i want to flash it, before i do though i was wondering about a few things.

so first i do all this

IPB Image

i was wondering though, do i have to do anything else? according to this video at 1:17

he says "its not just enough to solder the two points here... r707 and r708..."
do i have to solder those two points as well? if i do have to do stuff to those two points.. could someone please give a link or explain what it is exactly i have to do to those two points?

after all that,   i just hook up the drive to my computer sata port and can i  leave the power connected to the xbox 360, and use jungle flasher?  

if i do it that way without a connectivity kit or whatever, will there be any problems ? will i have to do things differently?  i remember for another drive i flashed, i had to do something like eject the drive, remove the power cable, push in the tray half way and plug the cable back in. will i have to do that?

also, is this the only file i will need from xbins?  ix16_templates.rar

another thing I'm confused about is patching up the drive.. i do that after dumping the drive.. but  if i patch up, and hook the drive back up to my computer to flash it.. how does jungle flasher recognize it? i thought the point of cutting traces and soldering wires was so that it could be recognized.

anyways, sorry for beeing a noob.

hawk2xl

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(colt45joe @ Dec 25 2009, 12:55 AM) View Post

hi, i have a lite-on 93450c drive. i want to flash it, before i do though i was wondering about a few things.

i was wondering though, do i have to do anything else? according to this video at 1:17

he says "its not just enough to solder the two points here... r707 and r708..."
do i have to solder those two points as well? if i do have to do stuff to those two points.. could someone please give a link or explain what it is exactly i have to do to those two points?
after all that,   i just hook up the drive to my computer sata port and can i  leave the power connected to the xbox 360, and use jungle flasher?  

to extract the key you don't need anything else
there is no need to solder the two points r707 and r708
just follow http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698256

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Dec 2 2009, 06:25 AM) View Post

Ahh, it was the creating of the dummy file that had me most stuck. And solution is so simple. Right click. Thanks!

Well i just copyied the key into the firmware and it plays games. Of course i wont be going on xbox live with it. Waiting for LT firmware.

Wasn't sure how to manually put in bar code and it doesn't seem to matter. By manual did you mean read it off the various spots on the drive or was there a easy way to do it from the dummy file?

Tray was closed when i erased and flashed. I used lite-on-erase and dosflash.

Hey syntaxx what method did you use for 93450 dumping as I am very curious. I have two elites with this drive and need a fool proof method prior to doing this or did you use the tut in this thread?

Takashi

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »

I'd imagine he used the method from his own thread!
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=698256

wiebel

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »

Anyone here willing to help? Been testing on a 74850 liteon and i got a few good dumps. Made ixtreme firmware etc, but it fails at flash verification test. When reading back the firmware (after the flash) it reads all banks and that, i get the message "This is not a falid target f/w file".
Any advice on this? Should i resolder everything before flashing?

Edit: Scratch that, turned the switch to off and it works now. Boxxdr Thank you so much!!!

This post has been edited by wiebel: Dec 30 2009, 03:00 PM

glassjoe

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »

How do you get your key from the firmware dump so it can be entered manually?? When I right click and load f/w then right click again 'save dummy' is greyed out.....why is this?

This post has been edited by glassjoe: Jan 4 2010, 08:35 PM

marianete

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(looph0le @ Dec 18 2009, 01:30 AM) View Post

did you get this sorted ? I have the EXACT same problem with an 83850c-v2 drive I have too.. If you got it sorted please let me know how smile.gif
yeah, first post and I'm begging. sad.gif

No, i did not. and I just tried with new JF 1.69, and gave me "Parse Fail" error.
Pages: 1 2 [3]