xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "there Must Be Some Way To Read The Key......"  (Read 290 times)

jack_herer

• Archived User
"there Must Be Some Way To Read The Key......"
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 18 2009, 07:25 PM) *

The key i something like this (1C880FA8361FF6CDD738B3578E2FA07C) It could be every variation between 0 to 9 and a to z. I t has to be in exact order.

I would like to see you build a supper computer and algorithm to achieve this withing your lifetime or any of your great grandchildren lifetime.

How else will you verify the key is correct without testing it first?

I just like how newbies come here and assume they know what they are talking about and just end up making an ass out of themselves instead.

just relax yourself. a 128 bit key can't be cracked with a "proper" brute force attack but a simmetric key is susceptible to other cryptoanalysis method like "Linear · Differential · Integral · Impossible Differential · Boomerang · Mod n · Related-key · Slide · Timing · XSL" -- wikipedia is cool --
And afaik is it possible to do a lot of test, as dvd-key can be changed at nand level with jtag/smc hack.
I bet all this sh*t will be reverse engeneered, as it can be done.

This post has been edited by jack_herer: Nov 18 2009, 09:41 PM

jack_herer

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

just for information i want to add this from wikipedia.

Cryptanalysis of asymmetric cryptography

Asymmetric cryptography (or public key cryptography) is cryptography that relies on using two keys; one private, and one public. Such ciphers invariably rely on "hard" mathematical problems as the basis of their security, so an obvious point of attack is to develop methods for solving the problem. The security of two-key cryptography depends on mathematical questions in a way that single-key cryptography generally does not, and conversely links cryptanalysis to wider mathematical research in a new way.

Asymmetric schemes are designed around the (conjectured) difficulty of solving various mathematical problems. If an improved algorithm can be found to solve the problem, then the system is weakened. For example, the security of the Diffie-Hellman key exchange scheme depends on the difficulty of calculating the discrete logarithm. In 1983, Don Coppersmith found a faster way to find discrete logarithms (in certain groups), and thereby requiring cryptographers to use larger groups (or different types of groups). RSA's security depends (in part) upon the difficulty of integer factorization — a breakthrough in factoring would impact the security of RSA.

In 1980, one could factor a difficult 50-digit number at an expense of 1012 elementary computer operations. By 1984 the state of the art in factoring algorithms had advanced to a point where a 75-digit number could be factored in 1012 operations. Advances in computing technology also meant that the operations could be performed much faster, too. Moore's law predicts that computer speeds will continue to increase. Factoring techniques may continue do so as well, but will most likely depend on mathematical insight and creativity, neither of which has ever been successfully predictable. 150-digit numbers of the kind once used in RSA have been factored. The effort was greater than above, but was not unreasonable on fast modern computers. By the start of the 21st century, 150-digit numbers were no longer considered a large enough key size for RSA. Numbers with several hundred digits are still considered too hard to factor in 2005, though methods will probably continue to improve over time, requiring key size to keep pace or new algorithms to be used.

AND...

Another distinguishing feature of asymmetric schemes is that, unlike attacks on symmetric cryptosystems, any cryptanalysis has the opportunity to make use of knowledge gained from the public key.

WBones

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 18 2009, 12:25 PM) View Post

The key i something like this (1C880FA8361FF6CDD738B3578E2FA07C) It could be every variation between 0 to 9 and a to z. I t has to be in exact order.

Small correction. They key is Hex I believe right? So every variation between 0-9 and a-f

flash360

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

What we need is a quantum computer blink.gif

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A quantum computer is a device for computation that makes direct use of quantum mechanical phenomena, such as superposition and entanglement, to perform operations on data. The basic principle behind quantum computation is that quantum properties can be used to represent data and perform operations on these data.[1] A theoretical model is the quantum Turing machine, also known as the universal quantum computer.

Although quantum computing is still in its infancy, experiments have been carried out in which quantum computational operations were executed on a very small number of qubits (quantum bit). Both practical and theoretical research continues with interest, and many national government and military funding agencies support quantum computing research to develop quantum computers for both civilian and national security purposes, such as cryptanalysis.[2]

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

Ahh quantum computing. I wait for the day when my new quantum PC can spit out calculated results before the data is even submitted for analysis.

Nothing like getting an answer to your question before you even ask it. lol

Who knows what can be possible in the future.

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »

A360, i never met a kid who quoted himself, thanks for enlightening me.

Yeah its hex, which is 16bit (per character) the key itself is 32bit (go ahead and count them).

Anyways, its stored in the nand, but you need the cpu key yada yada.  Anyhow i am glad you posted for your 2 days of fame, now go away.

garyopa

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(alwaysonjohn @ Nov 19 2009, 03:34 PM) View Post

Yeah its hex, which is 16bit (per character) the key itself is 32bit (go ahead and count them).

Still someone that can't count.

16bytes the key is, each byte is made out of 8 bits. 16 x 8 is 128 bit length key.

Simple. -- I think time for the mods to close this thread. -- Nothing to gain from it at all.

bedojunkmail

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(alwaysonjohn @ Nov 19 2009, 08:34 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

So you think the key is 2 "characters"?

garyopa is right.

This thread should be CLOSED.

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »

DONE.

this is really just an excuse to argue over something that quite possibly can never be done anyway.
Pages: 1 [2]