xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: New DVD FW in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch)  (Read 18716 times)

ivalerio

• Archived User
New DVD FW in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch)
« Reply #675 on: November 15, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(coder_phil @ Nov 15 2009, 02:31 AM) View Post

no problem.I wasnt asking for the latest firmware source anyway,just an old one to analyse to try to see if I could help in making a firmware that has a very small footprint.I dont really want to rely on someone elses coding anymore.

If I'm not mistaken C4Eva wrote the original code. So even if you use his coding as a template to your own work - you'd still me relying on someone elses coding.

Nice try Microsoft..

flandersman

• Archived User
« Reply #676 on: November 15, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »

Personally I think some of this speculation is a good thing. There's nothing wrong with trying to find out the root cause of these ban waves. Why not use your own experiences being banned to try to get an idea of how Microsoft is managing to detect modified consoles? I would have never thought up the idea that the ixtreme firmware is slightly slower and because of that delay Microsoft may be able to detect a drive with ixtreme and ban the console.

I mean, this could be completely incorrect, but at least it's something. We just have to hope that C4eva has enough information to find the real reason and create a firmware that will immunize us against the next few ban waves.

ryan282

• Archived User
« Reply #677 on: November 15, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(purplerose1414 @ Nov 15 2009, 12:45 AM) *

We could limit the possibilities if someone with a firmware version that doesn't check for waves , like 1.51, could say whether they've been banned or not.
On another board people with 1.51 have said they haven't been banned yet, for what very little that's worth.

I was using 1.51 on Liteon and had been for months on live.I changed to 1.6 so i could play MW2 and was banned within 2 days!!!

flandersman

• Archived User
« Reply #678 on: November 15, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(ivalerio @ Nov 15 2009, 11:07 AM) View Post

Nice try Microsoft..

lol

If someone were to come here claiming they were microsoft, we'd say they were lying. But if they say they aren't microsoft, we claim they are some sort of undercover microsoft spy. It's just ironic, that's all.

PeeWee09

• Archived User
« Reply #679 on: November 15, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(flandersman @ Nov 15 2009, 06:41 PM) View Post

lol

If someone were to come here claiming they were microsoft, we'd say they were lying. But if they say they aren't microsoft, we claim they are some sort of undercover microsoft spy. It's just ironic, that's all.

Excellent post & so very very true. tongue.gif

desta

• Archived User
« Reply #680 on: November 15, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(ryan282 @ Nov 15 2009, 08:36 PM) *
QUOTE(purplerose1414 @ Nov 15 2009, 02:45 AM) *

We could limit the possibilities if someone with a firmware version that doesn't check for waves , like 1.51, could say whether they've been banned or not.
On another board people with 1.51 have said they haven't been banned yet, for what very little that's worth.

I was using 1.51 on Liteon and had been for months on live.I changed to 1.6 so i could play MW2 and was banned within 2 days!!!

I was on 1.51 with a hitachi 78fk, and it was banned. As c4eva has already implied, drive and/or fw revision (till LT) doesn't really make a difference.

Pretty sure I posted this last night, but doesn't seem to be here now.

360beast

• Archived User
« Reply #681 on: November 15, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »

buddy whos been modded around a year no probs got banned other day...

sini

• Archived User
« Reply #682 on: November 15, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(360beast @ Nov 15 2009, 08:34 PM) *

This is a revelation.

logicwatch

• Archived User
« Reply #683 on: November 15, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(360beast @ Nov 15 2009, 08:34 PM) View Post

no ? how strange ?  uhh.gif

notmyrealname

• Archived User
« Reply #684 on: November 15, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »

For those still asking...

YES. 1.51'd do get banned, 2 of my clients got banned on 1.51's one on week 1 while downloading L4D2, and the other yesterday while on the dashboard, my 1.51lite-on is still good cause I refuse to go on Live until Lite comes out.

My Question is this, all of you got banned while on the dashboard right?, not while playing a game, right...?

cause that's what happened to my client's Lite-ons.

This post has been edited by notmyrealname: Nov 15 2009, 10:28 PM

skyliner99

• Archived User
« Reply #685 on: November 15, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(notmyrealname @ Nov 15 2009, 04:23 PM) View Post

For those still asking...

YES. 1.51'd do get banned, 2 of my clients got banned on 1.51's one on week 1 while downloading L4D2, and the other yesterday while on the dashboard, my 1.51lite-on is still good cause I refuse to go on Live until Lite comes out.

My Question is this, all of you got banned while on the dashboard right?, not while playing a game, right...?

cause that's what happened to my client's Lite-ons.

I got banned in the middle of a borderlands quest. It said i was disconnect from live all of the sudden and when i tried to sign back in, i was given the bad news

_jaded

• Archived User
« Reply #686 on: November 15, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

I assume they ban by region, and if it just so happens you're online while they're doing your region, you get smacked.

I only play @ night since I have school & work during the day, and a friend of mine texted me saying he had just been banned while playing MW2, and surely enough, when I got home that night and turned on the box, my profile signed in, but I was not signed in to live.

Week earlier when MW2 first P2P leaked, same thing happened to other friends.
IIRC same happened with November/Saints Row 2/COD5 ban wave last year.
AND with the Assassins Creed/COD4 ban wave the year before that.

WBones

• Archived User
« Reply #687 on: November 15, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(_jaded @ Nov 15 2009, 06:10 PM) View Post

I assume they ban by region, and if it just so happens you're online while they're doing your region, you get smacked.

I only play @ night since I have school & work during the day, and a friend of mine texted me saying he had just been banned while playing MW2, and surely enough, when I got home that night and turned on the box, my profile signed in, but I was not signed in to live.

Week earlier when MW2 first P2P leaked, same thing happened to other friends.
IIRC same happened with November/Saints Row 2/COD5 ban wave last year.
AND with the Assassins Creed/COD4 ban wave the year before that.

I dont think so. I was over at a friends house and 2 of us were already signed in and waiting for the third guy to play some borderlands. He finally got his Xbox going and went to sign in and he was banned... the 2 of us who werent banned continued on and my ban didnt happen for another week. We were all connected through the same ISP even so if it was by region we all should have been banned that night

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #688 on: November 15, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »

This Topic has gotten way off course.

If there is any real news on ix Lite, I'm sure it'll be front page news and a new thread.

CLOSED

for those of you who still don't tire of talking about XBL Bans go to the right Threads in the LIVE Forums here.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]