xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46

Author Topic: New DVD FW in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch)  (Read 18714 times)

clouduz

• Archived User
New DVD FW in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 11:38:00 PM »

lol i don't care what the problem is as long as it = no more bans lol.  But also seems the agbx db was bad anyway. (poison pills)  i'm sit here and kindly wait. Can anyone tell me what the mfr date to look for when i go shopping for a new 360. I heard new ones are unmodifiable

xboxer360

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »

i don't think abgx was the problem, too many people making their own backups and running originals were banned.

Marcian

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »

@krawhitham

Even if you don't boot Backups, you still use IXtreme. It's not an add-on, it's a replacement. So if you boot your originals, it is used. It will probably check whether the disc is a backup or not. Perhaps there is some delay or something like that in the response from the dvd drive to the Mainboard...

clouduz

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 11:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxer360 @ Nov 10 2009, 12:39 AM) View Post

i don't think abgx was the problem, too many people making their own backups and running originals were banned.

Well I'm going to disagree. Basically we don't know if they are telling the truth or not, but since he made the firmware no one else could and said every 3rd didn't verify I'm guessing the db isn't that good. But that's my opinion.

civicracer1692

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »

Its painfully obvious that the FW is what MS is detecting, I have a buddy who's 360 I modded with Xecuter.... He brought it home and played arcade games while waiting for his backups to finish and his Verbatims to be shipped. He was banned the next day. No backup (or retails for that matter) ever entered his drive, drive wasnt flashed from 360 power, There is no other factor than the fact that MS was able to test his DVD drive and diagnose it as a modded 360.

1+1=2

problem solved. No more speculation, dont go online with your modded 360 unless you want the banhammer.

xboxer360

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »

disagree if you like. but c4eva wouldnt be so forthcoming in saying "no more bans" if abgx were really the cause.
I don't even really understand your sentence? "but since he made the firmware no one else could and said every 3rd didn't verify I'm guessing the db isn't that good"
what 3rd didn't verifiy and abgx has nothing to do with the firmware maker.

yes I agree with civicracer, there is no pattern in these bannings besides firmware.

This post has been edited by xboxer360: Nov 10 2009, 07:51 AM

warpjavier

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »

Same here, flashed with iXtreme 1.6 Lite-on and never played a backup in my console and got banned.

clouduz

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »

( @[X]nWo[X] ) [c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient , minimal patching , all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!
.:23·40·37:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) dont ask eta = ban
.:23·40·40:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) dont ask question = ban
.:23·40·45:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) liteon will be 1st

( @[X]nWo[X] ) we ripped 40+ ntsc games
( @[X]nWo[X] ) at least every 3rd didnt verify :c
( @[X]nWo[X] ) with a properly ripped ntsc
( @[X]nWo[X] ) so the db = defn has problems
( @[X]nWo[X] ) madden 10 is a prime exampke
( @[X]nWo[X] ) example

plain and simple modding is a privilege not a right and the people that cry b/c they get banned ought to not even bother with the firmware.  Let's see even if micro$oft could detect firmware bad rips will make it all the easier to detect.

xboxer360

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »

just because some rips aren't in the database doesn't mean it's bad.
it's obvious MS has been detecting the firmware, and even more obvious now that ix LT is getting released.

clouduz

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »

I never said it was perfect, but i know for a fact I've ripped a few of my own with my keon drive and they didn't verify, did I fix them nope? NO Am I banned?  NO    Will I be going on live anymore to get banned? Hell no! lol

xboxer360

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »

that doesn't mean shit dude.. i've verified every game on level 3 on abgx, are both my consoles banned? NO
it's luck of the draw, and the fact that both my consoles are spoofed might fake them out a bit.

even if the database was bad, that doesn't mean the firmware isn't also bad, just READ what c4e said and make of it what you will.

This post has been edited by xboxer360: Nov 10 2009, 07:58 AM

clouduz

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »

I have two systems and neither is banned. 1. Samsung ms28   - don't even know the firmware half dead most of the time sad.gif     2. Benq with 1.61 last time i was on live was yesterday for about 30 mins downloading whatever was free and using up my points b4 I got banned.  More than likely I'm  probably flagged guess i'll have to be a  ph34r.gif  now

But back to a serious q....What to look for when i shop for a mod able 360?

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »

[c4eva] all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig

I thought iXtreme was always like that? That it was a replica of the original barring a few small changes?

[c4eva] no more bans, No ETA!"

Looks like it was iXtreme that was causing the bans. If it was due to bad rips, there is nothing the firmware can do to stop it, meaning iXtreme LT wouldn't make a difference.

This post has been edited by ImRickJamesB1tch: Nov 10 2009, 08:01 AM

xboxer360

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »

more efficient kind of implies firmware was responding/decoding replies too slow?

civicracer1692

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »

I'm just sick of all the speculation... anyone with an IQ of more that their 2 should see that the only common factor is the DVD Drive FW.... MS is running a diagnostic test on the dvd drive that if the firmware is stock it will respond one way, and if it has iXtreme it will respond another way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46