xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New 360 Arcade, New Model?  (Read 438 times)

akhmed966

• Archived User
New 360 Arcade, New Model?
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »

I picked up a new 360 at Wal-Mart two days ago for $100 during the Saturday special. I checked 360drives.com, and my 360 Arcade isn't listed. It has a lot number of 0935x, which is only listed for 360 elites. So, I'm not exactly straight forward sure about everything. Some sites say that the new Lite-On drives can't be hacked because they use Flash ROM instead of RAM. But some of them don't have modern posting dates, some do, and some don't list the date, and I can't seem to find any really recent articles (less than a month old). I checked, my 360 has a Lite On Drive. Not sure what version though, and I don't want open it and risk voiding my warranty to check the drive number ("83850c").

Can all Lite-Ons be flashed? And if not, what alternatives are there? I'll look into mod chips as a last result. Am I able to swap the drive for another drive? If I do that, which drive should I swap it for? I think I read that Hitachi has the best drives.

Thanks.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »

There are 4 version of the lite-on now.

7xxxxx hackable
8xxxxx v1 hackable
8xxxxx v2 not hackable and no way to tell if its v2 besides trying to hack it. If date is september then probably unhackable.
9xxxxx unhackable

so you pretty much got to open it.

What is the date of manufacture on the machine. I have have ones up untill August that i could hack. September seems to be a no go for most.

There is no modchip solution for these drive so if you get a unhackable you are currently sol unless a new hack comes out.

akhmed966

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »

Aug 20, 09.

If I swap my drive, would it work (if I can't flash it.)? I don't really plan on playing online so I'm not worried about getting banned.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(akhmed966 @ Nov 9 2009, 04:27 PM) *

Aug 20, 09.

If I swap my drive, would it work (if I can't flash it.)? I don't really plan on playing online so I'm not worried about getting banned.

Nope, you can't swap the drive unless you know the drive key. You can't get the drive key on unhackable consoles at this time. If you don't want to play on xbox live i am sure you will find thousands of people that would be happy to sell you a banned console for cheap right now.

akhmed966

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Nov 9 2009, 10:29 PM) *

Nope, you can't swap the drive unless you know the drive key. You can't get the drive key on unhackable consoles at this time. If you don't want to play on xbox live i am sure you will find thousands of people that would be happy to sell you a banned console for cheap right now.

Yeah, but I heard banned consoles can't play games that use hard drives. >_>

Anyways, I think I'm going to try and flash it. What tutorial did you use and what flashing tool did you use? All the ones I found each use different methods. :/

akhmed966

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

I found this guy who will do it locally for $50.

He says he can flash any kind. I asked if he can flash my august one and he said no problem. I said people had problems with new lite on drives, and he said those are 838s and he has flashed over 200 of xboxes. Is he legit?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

MVPd

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »

Up to you in you wanna risk your warranty. As said previously if you have 8xxxx v2 or 9xxxx drive in there he wont be able to do it, no one can at the moment. You'll have to open her up and have a look!

If you have an August console then chances are you have 8xxxx V1 in there or maybe the 7xxxx drive. No guarantees though!

idog

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 04:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(akhmed966 @ Nov 10 2009, 12:08 AM) *

I found this guy who will do it locally for $50.

He says he can flash any kind. I asked if he can flash my august one and he said no problem. I said people had problems with new lite on drives, and he said those are 838s and he has flashed over 200 of xboxes. Is he legit?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

He doesn't know what he's talking about. 83xxx's with a date in the latter half of august and later AND 93xxx are currently NOT moddable. Period.

Unless.. he's got his own decapping facilities (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)