xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 128meg Mod Fix For Nfs Mw  (Read 97 times)

LESTAT

• Archived User
128meg Mod Fix For Nfs Mw
« on: February 11, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

ok so i have my 128meg modded xbox and my regular xbox... and i cant play need for speed most wanted on my 128meg box..

it could possibly be the bios im using but since its an old 1.0 board with some ancient 256k alladin chip i cant upgrade it to the 5053 bios (which is what the other xbox has on it, and it plays fine on that it also has an X2.6 chip)

is this a known issue with NFS MW and 128meg modded xbox's  or is it the bios ?

and if its the bios what other bios is out there that i can flash the board with to make it work ?

here is what happens...

it gets to the first race of the game,, (goes thru everything else fine)  then the game instantly drops to around 1 frame per second and the game is unplayable....

this happens with the retail... or off the hard drive...

anyone seen this or know of a fix ?

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

im digging this up cuz i know damn well i aint the only one who has seen this issue.....  but i don't know if there is a fix.  i've seen scattered scuttle-butt on various forums about this issue...

i've got two other xbox's that ive tried the game on,, same evox ver.  same bios ver. and mine is the only one that does this...

anyone seen or heard of this aside from me and know of any type of fix or hack or anything...

i have yet to see any other game do this...

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

Can you lock the hdd and turn the mod chip off? If so, what happens then when you boot? (I'm not sure how mod chips affect the ram...probably don't have anything to do with it).

Your issue is strange, I don't see the ram should affect it as xbox games are compiled to look for and use only 64mb. Was there a program to hack (some?) games to force them to use 128mb? (although with no extra benefit).... do I remember correctly about reading this? If so you could try to find and use this.

Nailed

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 12:42:00 AM »

Just confirming this issue exists...  I have a 128 MB box that does the same thing.  If I find a workaround, I'll let you know.

BulletBob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

have no fear, there is a prog that will do the trick for you.  Its an emu, an xbox emu for pc, it doesnt actually play the games but it has a feature to patch the xbe to allow more than 64 mb of ram , check http://www.zophar.net/xbox.html , Cxbx is what ya need patch it, and youll be good 2 go, you might wanna try downloading the black edition patch of of xbox saves just for kicks