xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Counterstrike  (Read 635 times)

garoboldy

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« on: May 01, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

searched for some mod info and got nothings, has anyone done any modding to CS for the xbox.

Been an avid player for awhile now and thought about doing some mods but havent found anything as of yet.

Thanks for any information

garoboldy

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 03:20:00 AM »

This is interesting, CS has such a large following I am amazed that no one has done any mods for on the xbox. With CSurban on pc that would at leaste be a step in trying to port that over to the xbox for CS sense they run basically the same stuff, just xbox has the xdk obviously.

Sashimi-X

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 04:05:00 AM »

Well, I did a little check on CS a while back.  Reported that the X-box version has a different file structure of sorts.  IIRC the X-box version contains SXWAD files that have all the map data, textures, and whatever else is needed for each level in just one file.  The PC version has separate files for each element in the level.  Now, unless someone can hack the SXWAD format to make a tool to allow extracting and injecting files, modding CS for X-box isn't going to happen.  I'm no expert, so I don't know if hacking the SXWAD is easy or hard, but I'd wager on hard.   ;)

Hopefully XBL v. 3 allows for creation of levels on the PC which can then be accessed via XBL.

garoboldy

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif yeah I noticed the sxwad files and assumed they were a compressed file type of some sort, but didnt know how hard they were to mess with.  Interesting thing though, wonder if I can check this thing out through hex or something..probably not LOL

theboss666

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

i have some interesting bits of knowledge to add to this topic.not too long ago about a month when i was playin foriegners on xbc in cs i noticed that alot of them are dam good shots,needless to say when i was standing next to them and they couldnt turn fast enuf they wouldnt be able to hit shit.this is basic propaganda for an aimbot so i did a little investigation work on my own and found out some things.if u open the default.xbe u will find many cheats,thers a ton of stuff to do with the actual making of an aimbot magnetism settings and i cant remember what the others are but i changed a bunch of them and to success they didnt really make the aimer stic on to the enemy,i was successfully able to make my crosshair the size of the screen but aim wise it wasnt that much of a change. i have 2 modded xboxes and on one version of cs i messed with i have hole bunch of messed up values like i have a health symbol for the value of six and when my clips are emtpy they always say 5 not actually 0,this was in my process of tryin to change clip values and i was unalbe to do so correctly and my 30 round clip having the value of 85 is not fun,and whenever i would buy health and armor teh values would always say 655 655 its fuckin wierd but then  agian i am no programmer.i also found settings for speed(like walking faster),tracers,and fire rate,all in the xbe,but when i tryed changing any values in the sxwad file it would not load all the way at the loading screen,i am interested in cracking this game wide open so guys just keep this thread alive

garoboldy

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

thanks so much for the info on the xbe I will check into that and see what happens on my end with some of the speed and clip stuff, I agree that this should be kept alive, I am huge fan of halo dont get me wrong but its craziness how many mods are out there for the game, and I play cs like crazy on pc and with xbox its getting old with the same old stuff for cs, we need to get this thing cracked hacked and sawed all into pieces...LOL

thanks for the info agian. jester.gif

Sashimi-X

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »

Heh, interesting stuff.  I'm no expert at hacking / cracking, but I would assume that the SXWAD is definitely a compressed file containing all the files necessary for any given level.  As such, changing values in a hex program might not work depending on how the files are compressed.  IIRC, someone mentioned something to this effect a while back regarding another game's compressed file format.  I believe any file changes would have to be done by extracting the file from the compressed archive and then re-inserting it back.  I'm sure the compression scheme also has built-in checks to make sure the files are a certain size, etc.  All of this is beyond me.  :)  I just want a damn game that I can simply drop maps and other mods into like the PC...    :D

garoboldy

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

Yeah I assumed a checksum would very definate in those files thats where I dont seem to know how to get around other than filling fake space basically on the file so to speak but thats about all I have figured out which isnt much..LOL

lets keep the ideas flowing and try to figure something out..

so you guys play cs on pc?? if so let me know we need to play sometime

deusbmx247

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

hey i opened aztec.sxwad in visual studio .net and i found this i wont post it all cause its really long but hopefully this helps

D:\Media\textures\water\7.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\8.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\9.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\10.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\11.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\12.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\13.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\14.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\15.bum
D:\Media\textures\water\16.bum
d:\media\textures\de_aztec.xpr
d:\media\textures\de_aztec_detail.xpr
d:\shared\de_aztec_detail.txt

config.cfg
skill.
de_aztec-light.cfg

deusbmx247

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

also try looking at the default xbe alot of wierd stuff when you get to line 23300 or so, looks like a bunch of errors messages  that the game would recognize

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

neone try nething with the cache yet?

garoboldy

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

oh yeah, duh the cache might work...load the game up after clearing the cache and get the level you want to edit from there...interesting...at work but will do this when I get home...

maybe something good will come of this.

deusbmx247

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

if you open releasemap.txt you can edit map options i made it so i can play with 15 bots instead of 12

garoboldy

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

bots are a start, but theres gotta be a way to get some level editting or even player editing...finally have 3 days off starting tomorrow and I am gonna work on this one of those days LOL.

trying to learn 3d game programming so I dont know how much time I can take on this but I hope its worth it.

by the way if anyone plays this online with xbox or even PC let me know or drop me an email and we will get together and play some cs head to head.

later ph34r.gif

timofren

• Archived User
Counterstrike
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »

is it possible to have more than 12 bots in cs how the hell???
i dont have visual net studio as im am running win 98
any thanks in advance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4