xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Do You Think Stock Xboxes In 20 Years From Now Will Still Work ?  (Read 1080 times)

garyopa

• Archived User

Yeah, they should work, worse case is maybe a power cap or two will have to get replaced, even without use, the power caps will leak and get bigger, but they easy to replace, and then the box should be good as new. :)

T2Steve

• Archived User
Do You Think Stock Xboxes In 20 Years From Now Will Still Work ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:20:00 AM »

my answer to this question is that in 20 years time few of the OG xboxes will still be running. The DVD drives seem to fade out even when they are not used frequently (I've seen them fail to read after being hardly used in a decade, and most use prior to that was w/soft mod - no DVD use)

FOP-BS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »

T2Steve

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 10:37:00 AM »

FOP-BS

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »

Some guys online sell Xbox modded with supposedly greased rubber bands and cleaned dvd drives with new upgraded HDD's for around $180-275. I think this will be my best bet. They got the program DVD2Xbox on their too so I'll just rip all the games I may be interested in on the HDD. Then I'll just play off the HDD. I think this plan would be the best for me for the long long term. Even if the DVD drive fails the HDD will have all my games on it and should outlast the DVD drive by far. If I get one and it's as nice as they say it is and my funds permit it maybe I'll buy a backup.

T2Steve

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »

ok you are kind of having it both ways here. you said you want "stock" but then say you are going to go for something completely opposite of stock.