xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox New Hdd, Finding Outdated Info  (Read 1053 times)

T2Steve

• Archived User
Xbox New Hdd, Finding Outdated Info
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:40:00 PM »

you have a few options available to you. the first and most important is what kind of hard drive you are replacing the old one with.

tinpanalley

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »

you have a few options available to you. the first and most important is what kind of hard drive you are replacing the old one with.

An EIDE.

If you are going with an IDE drive it's fairly simple. You have two choices, one is to clone the drive using Chimp and the other is to FTP everything off of the xbox onto your computer, setup the new hard drive, and then FTP everything to it. either will work, both will take a while..

So you mean, the EIDE drive I want to use gets connected to my desktop, I use chimp to clone it over, then once they have the same content, I just swap the new one with the old one?

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »

Chimp2618 is a cloning app used on the Xbox itself. Essentially all you is turn the Xbox on and then swap the IDE cable from the Xbox disc drive to the new HDD (set to slave).There's more to it than this of course so you'll find plenty of tutorials around about how to use it correctly.

T2Steve

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 04:47:00 AM »

oh yeah i forgot the other option - if you are using an IDE drive already and are moving to another IDE drive, you can also put them both into a PC with XBOXHDM (usb or dvd) and then select the Clone feature. 

tinpanalley

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »

Game other user setting saves are in E:\UDATA andTDATA.

tinpanalley

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »

T2Steve

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 01:13:00 AM »

i am guessing more people are familiar with Hexen than Babylon. Having read 2 of the 7 pages about Bab it looks to me like it just a collection of apps, emus and one touch (in theory) soft mod options... 

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »

I do have the original SID 5 Babylon but have never used it for a new install. I used it for harvesting all the additional and more up to date things that came wiith it which the basic SID/AID installers, which I've used for most of my softmod, didn't include.