xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Are My Reasons To Replace My Hdd Valid Ones ? Plus I Have Some Questio  (Read 1006 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User

The main reason for fitting a HDD is to fit a larger one as the original is only 8 - 10GB. The main reason you want a bigger HDD is so you don't have to faff around with discs, original or backups.

T2Steve

• Archived User
Are My Reasons To Replace My Hdd Valid Ones ? Plus I Have Some Questio
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »

reasons to upgrade your hard drive:

FOP-BS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »

Last two questions if you care to comment on. Thanks

T2Steve

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 12:24:00 AM »

Does using DVD5 wear out a drive faster - I wouldn't imagine so. I read once that on the xbox DVD they spread the data over a larger distance so that the laser wasn't shifting back and forth as often, but I don't put a lot of faith in that. Games that are DVD9 will work on a soft mod so long as the DVD drive is able to read DVD9. There are so few games that are DVD9 that I don't think it would be much of an issue.

FOP-BS

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »

Lots of good info there, but a lot of it is above my head. Maybe by the time my Xbox breaks you'll sell me one. Anyway the way you make it sound like is that a softmod is not stable/not good.

FOP-BS

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 11:56:00 AM »

I've decided to just do the softmod it's quick and easy and I don't have to open the box. So unless you tell me softmodding my Xbox is going to prematurely kill my Xbox then I won't. I know lots of highend users will always say hardmod is the best, but after seeing all those youtube and threads about softmodding and working fine I won't worry.

FOP-BS

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »

I've decided to just do the softmod it's quick and easy and I don't have to open the box. So unless you tell me softmodding my Xbox is going to prematurely kill my Xbox then I won't. I know lots of highend users will always say hardmod is the best, but after seeing all those youtube and threads about softmodding and working fine I won't worry.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 04:10:00 PM »

I've not had a problem with any softmodded Xbox ever and I've done six of those, three with a dodgy, very old SID, two of those updated with a later AID version and one other, Xecuter 2.6 chipped. No problems with the chipped one, no problem with last dodgy SID one.

FOP-BS

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »

This is the softmod I was thinking about following: