xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Music Mixer  (Read 641 times)

superstrider

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« on: October 26, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »

OK....I just got this music mixer with the intentsions to actually use the Karaoke part. For everything else I got XBMP. But anyway to get to the point, this game is a real F***ING disappointment to anyone planning to use it for the karaoke, because of the fact that we need to pay MS for the damn karaoke songs.  :grr:    
Hard lessoned learned (again) about buying shit before doing reserch.  :angry:

This post has been edited by superstrider: Nov 1 2003, 07:48 PM

Bighurt

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 04:18:00 AM »

I was looking at the contents of the Music Maker dvd last night, and the included Karaoke songs are in wma + cdg format, so I figure there will be a way to get other songs over there without having to buy them.  Although the import tool looks for .krk files, if you Xbox is modded, you should be able to move some files there yourself.  I need to do some test etc to figure out where they need to go and if it will work.  I will let you know if I come up with anything.  I have alot of mp3 + cdg files that I would love to use on the Mixer.

Bighurt

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 05:40:00 AM »

Well, I bought a couple of .krk files from xboxkaraoke and when you import them to the Xbox using the tool, it just turns them into wma + cdg files on the E drive.  I tried to take a wma + cdg file that I had and dump it there, it showed it on the Karoke list as track 13 or something like that, did not list the title.  When I played it, the text was all garbled, but it played.  Just thought I would give an update.

Tdot.O.

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »

Quick question:

Do you need the mic and adapter thing that come with the game?  I heard you might be able to use the Xbox Live Communicator and Headset.  True?

Thanks

CC Rider

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »

Were you able to copy the entire program to the hard disk, and run it from there.  Or do you have to keep inserting the DVD when you want to use the program?

This post has been edited by CC Rider: Oct 27 2003, 07:29 PM

Bighurt

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »

Didn't test the Live headset yet.  Didn't try to copy it to the hard disk yet, will try it sometime.

I have been sucessful copying karaoke files to the hard drive and using them.  

The files I have are mp3 + cdg files

Steps I took

1. convert the mp3 file to wma (you can get rid of the mp3 after that, you don't need it for xbox)
2. Make sure you have Artist and Song name in the WMA tag or it will just show in the Karaoke list as Track xx
3. Make sure file names will work on Xbox (I used prexboxcopy tool)  wma file and cdg file must have the same name
4. Copy the wma and cdg file for each song to /E/TDATA/4d53005a/Media/ESM/

They should show up in your Karaoke list and work just fine!  

I have yet to figure out how to do subdirs or create different Karaoke lists.  Right now it is just one big list sorted by song title.

Hope this helps!

This post has been edited by Bighurt: Oct 27 2003, 08:20 PM

superstrider

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »

Hey Big Hurt thanks for the info man I was about to return it sometime this week. but now it sounds much better that there is a way to use the karaoke part without paying $2 per song. Thanks again :lol:

This post has been edited by superstrider: Oct 28 2003, 05:41 AM

Bighurt

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2003, 04:45:00 AM »

You are welcome, glad I could help!  I was thinking the same thing as you, but now at least I can add some more Karaoke tunes.  Now I just need to write an app that automates the whole process!  :)

xboxr

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »

This is great news. I have a couple questions
1) Does the music mixer karaoke player have any digital audio effects (ex. echo, reverb)?
2) Would it be possible to burn a backup of Music Mixer with user created wma+cdg files in the right place? This way I wouldn't have to fillup my e drive.
3) Is there any restrictions on bitrate on the wma encoding?

Thanks for the info again

enzo

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

Now just a good place to get free mp3+cdg files :)
Anyone got any links ?

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »

yes live headset does work although not as good as mic

Krazytyler

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2003, 07:50:00 PM »

can some one PM with a way to get cheap (or free) karaoke files?  at least cheaper than xbox's ridiculous 2 dollars a song?

Knocks

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »

Please do not convert MP3 to WMA (or at least don't share those monsters if you do  :ph34r: ), as the quality would be less than stellar, going from one lossy codec to another.  To get a good sounding .krk (wma + cdg), we will need to get the karaoke community to start ripping CD+CDG discs to wma to make them Xbox compatible.

This post has been edited by Knocks: Oct 31 2003, 10:11 PM

yardline

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »

So you can't play regular Karaoke discs?

Krazytyler

• Archived User
Music Mixer
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2003, 09:18:00 PM »

anyone know if mp3+g and mp3+cdg are the same thing?