xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Formatting Hdd Without Modchip?  (Read 319 times)

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Formatting Hdd Without Modchip?
« on: October 06, 2014, 04:22:00 PM »

Download the official Xbox format disc utility. It was a reset disc that formatted HDD back to stock. Look for it on Xbins or elsewhere. Forget it's official name.

cactusjack901

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but I can't seem to find the edit button.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »

Yes you should be able to rebuild the drive without the eeprom. That is only used for locking/unlocking but since you are doing it in the xbox itself you should not need to mess with that. There is probably a utility on xboxhdm to backup the eeprom from your system too

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »

Solderless for 1.6 is a tall order, I wouldn't even know where to get one anymore and the ones were available were always a bit wonky

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »

I have a modchip and I could fix your drive to become useable and locked to your xbox. You are going to get error 5 without a modchip or working eeprom.bin from your softmod attempt. I have an aladdin . Im not sure it works with v1.6 if someone can confirm it or not. It would be excellent.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »

I have a modchip and I could fix your drive to become useable and locked to your xbox. You are going to get error 5 without a modchip or working eeprom.bin from your softmod attempt. I have an aladdin . Im not sure it works with v1.6 if someone can confirm it or not. It would be excellent.

It will work, with LPC rebuild and a 1.6 compatible bios. I've used Aladdins with 1.6s before

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »

K thanks LordVader. I only ever used DuoX2 GS on my customers xboxes. I had a few aladdins but never any customers to install it on. I sold a few aladdins a few years ago. But couldn't remember what the forum member needed it for. And if IIRC he had a v1.6. But, I never followed up with him about success of v1.6 with aladdins.