xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Bought An Xbox What To Do Now?  (Read 313 times)

AZImmortal

• Archived User
Just Bought An Xbox What To Do Now?
« on: October 24, 2013, 11:45:00 PM »

Since you already have the EEPROM reader, then it would probably be easier to use that than to hotswap.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:00 AM »

I don't get that "controller trick" thing.

If you've selected all the ED/HD options the Xbox will. with a reboot, select the highest resolution of the three that the display supports; there's no trick to it.

If the controller action described is simply forcing a reboot I'd not come across that method before. Once modded, holding down the L/R triggers and pressing Start + Back does the IGR (In Game Reset). It will actually reboot the dash at any time not just in game.

Is this "controller trick" a pre-mod version of that because I've just tried it on a softmodded machine and it certainly didn't reboot the dash.

HypoToad

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »

This is what happens, when I am at the Xbox (pre-modded) start up screen, I hold in both triggers and press down on both the thumb sticks.

The screen will flash and the picture looks much clearer, if you do it again it goes back to the way it was.

I saw it on a YouTube video.

I think it just forces the onscreen display into 480p, the in game resolution then is dependent on the game you play.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »

Thanks for the info.

Not now having a pre-modded Xbox I can't check that and thinking about it I wouldn't have been able to anyway as all my machines were PAL and didn't have the ED/HD resolution options before modding.

I wonder what happens if it is an unmodded PAL machine and you connect it up with Component cables and try that technique? Probably nothing but it would still be interesting to know.  Perhaps it swaps between PAL50Hz and 60Hz.

HypoToad

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »

The Eeprom reader I made worked first time so I have the eeprom.bin file now. I just held the pins on the reader against holes 13 & 14 on the LPC pin header, I have version 1.1, I checked that it wasn't version 1.6 before I did it.

If anyone makes one I think testing it with PonyProg is a good idead, it checks the port and shows if there is a working device fitted. Could save a lot of headaches. Checked the eeprom with LiveInfo and it has the correct serial number for my Xbox so it should be correct, fingers crossed.

Thanks to Unicrom for the easy to follow instructions.

I ordered a bigger HDD for the Xbox, 250gb WD so hopefully that will work.

FrankMorris

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(HypoToad @ Oct 25 2013, 06:23 PM) View Post

I think it just forces the onscreen display into 480p, the in game resolution then is dependent on the game you play.

100% correct.